205 Live

HarmonicGenerator

I was surprised he kept Rockstar Spud for so long, especially as he hadn't been in the rockstar gimmick in how long?

He'll be ace as GM if he isn't fed the same shite lines as Kurt on RAW, I assume there will be more freedom on the smaller show anyway. I may have to dig out International Showdown, the first time I ever saw him.

I don't mind the name, there's been far worse over the years and I thought Rockstar Spud was a shit name anyway.

I gave up on 205 Live a while back, but with the recent addition of Hideo Itami I've been skimming through and watching at least one match, so I'm goingĀ to continue with that for now rather than watch Tony Neese v Mustafa Ali for the 100th time by watching the show in full

I know they've got a couple of guys out injured, but it shows how wafer thin the Cruiserweight roster is that they've needed to bring in Tyler Bate and Roderick Strong to fill in the gaps in a 16 man tournament, and I reckon there could still be a couple of NXT guys used in the other first round matches.Ā Granted, Neville's status is still up in the air and Enzo has recently gone, but if that hadn't happened they wouldn't be having thisĀ tournament anyway

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Yeah it's infinitely better than Rockstar Spud, which has absolutely no meaning (any more).

Itā€™s about 5 years later & I still canā€™t believe TNA introduced him to the screen as Dixie Carterā€™s goofy, toadying Chief-of-Staff but had him called Rockstar Spud. It just makes zero sense, particularly as Iā€™m pretty sure the British Bootcamp show hadnā€™t been seen by the vast majority of the audience so there was no value carried through there.

On 2/3/2018 at 10:23 PM, Statto said:

Itā€™s about 5 years later & I still canā€™t believe TNA introduced him to the screen as Dixie Carterā€™s goofy, toadying Chief-of-Staff but had him called Rockstar Spud. It just makes zero sense, particularly as Iā€™m pretty sure the British Bootcamp show hadnā€™t been seen by the vast majority of the audience so there was no value carried through there.

This is because TNA don't consider themselves bigger than anyone. Any chance they can capitalise on the slightest cache of a fanbase/buzz and they'll do it. Grado is another prime example, they brought him in with no internal build and presented him coldĀ to their main US audience as a largely unknown slightly overweight Scottish comedy act (and I say that as a huge fan of Grado). WWE don't give a shit about outside buzz unless there's money to be made.. Nakamura, JoeĀ and Roode cameĀ in underĀ real names, but they still put them into NXT to grow a reputation with their audience. Outside of that, Itami, Balor, Asuka, Killian Dain, all repackaged under the WWE umbrella. AJ finally got signed because he went to Japan and became arguably the best all round package on the planet. 2 years earlier and they'd have been debuting him as Kentucky McSouthern in the 3rd segment on RAW.