205 Live

HarmonicGenerator

• Awards Moderator

I used to enjoy him on NOAH on the Wrestling Channel - he had some great matches in the middle of the last decade there. And his ROH match with Daniel Bryan was excellent. Haven't watched any of it in years though, and I'd probably just wince at how hard they're hitting each other if I saw them now.

• Paid Members

I liked him during his tag team days with Marafuji, but he's so average compared to the rest of NXT/WWE. Nothing about him stands out whatsoever, I have no reason to get behind him. He's just a plain wrestler with plain gear, little charisma and some kicks.

• Paid Members
On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:26 AM, Supremo said:

Just to confirm - was Itami actually good in Japan?

Yes, but he was knackered and a couple years past his prime by the time WWE came calling - still capable of great matches, but not consistently. Around 2006-08 he was fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

Two reasons to watch this week:

1) Goldust. In a way it’s a shame they’ve given up to the point they’re happy having non-cruiserweights on the cruiserweight show, but, just like in season 3 of the original NXT, Goldust breathes a bit of life into the dullness. He’s working his arse off in the main event trying to get the crowd to wake up and react.

2) You get a series of slow motion replays of Hideo Itami smashing Brian Kendrick’s face in. Not actually nice to watch but worth seeing because of that.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

I can't see it. WWE are stubborn enough to keep on with it for a while longer.

It really is a show that needs to be put out of its misery though. I've never known a more consistently bored crowd than the 205 Live crowd. The NXT Divas season got more of a reaction. Main Event is taped before Raw so has a better atmosphere. Even pre-taped TNA crowds arn't this bad!

Putting it on before Smackdown would probably make for a more lively crowd but even so, that wouldn't solve the fact that the division is a complete afterthought. Bring a few decent hands up onto the main roster (mostly Gulak) and bin the rest off. Rotten.

I'l still watch it every week though.

Edited by Lorne Malvo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

Further signs that 205 Live might be in decline a little bit...

- This week’s episode was 26 minutes long. It might have been a one off, or is only until this Mixed Match thing is done, but if you’re willing to lose half the show then that can’t be a good sign

- Goldust is now a regular on the Cruiserweight show by the looks of it

- Goldust also beat three of the 205 regulars in a Handicap match. 

37 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Further signs that 205 Live might be in decline a little bit...

- This week’s episode was 26 minutes long. It might have been a one off, or is only until this Mixed Match thing is done, but if you’re willing to lose half the show then that can’t be a good sign

It's just while the MMC is on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

New GM revealed!

It’s Spud! With the new name of Drake Maverick.

But more exciting than that, 

Tyler Bate’s on this week’s show and it’s therefore worth watching! He and TJP have the best 205 match for ages and possibly TJP’s best since the CWC.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator