205 Live

HarmonicGenerator

I can't decide whether it was the quality of the match or just disillusionment with WWE's booking, but I genuinely felt that Murphy vs Daivari match could have gone either way. I'd be very interested in seeing how Murphy looks next to other 'Big' cruiserweights like Nese.

Really enjoyed Gallagher vs Ali as well. Gallagher is fantastic and has been for years but he really does play the villain beautifully.

8 hours ago, Ambulance Chaser said:

That backwards bump Ali took from the top rope to the barrier was the absolute most stupid bump I have seen in a very long time, you are playing with inches there, could have cost him dearly it was ridiculous.

Was a very dangerous spot for sure, however now is the time to impress. Lately the show has been great, with Triple H running it the show has been really refreshing and seems to actually have a future. I don’t support taking risky moves, but I can totally see the logic behind this one 

• Paid Members

Yeah, I’ve tuned back in for the Drake Maverick era, and have very much been enjoying what I’ve seen.

Was always a bit of a Murphy fan back when he was a featured part of NXT, so glad to see him back in focus. Going forward, they could do some interesting, topical (if potentially controversial) storytelling with the naturally oversized Murphy cutting weight to stay eligible.

Right now, I’m seeing a Alexander vs Murphy final, but it’d be a surprisingly novel angle if they had Murphy get booted from the tournament for turning up at 205.8lbs one Monday morning. Then you’ve got a redemption story or an angry heel turn to play with.

Or they could just do comedy skits with a chicken suit, either works for me.

So yeah, good stuff 205 Live. The smaller, short-haired jobber in the luchadores match was a proper shitarse, mind.

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed Roderick Strong in this setting, far more than NXT. He's in a great position to play the Dean Malenko role to some of the more aerial-based cruisers (I'm not comparing him to Malenko, just in terms of his place in the division), and he looked great against Kalisto. 

Obviously I was wrong about my prediction of Strong v Kalisto being the final!

Whoever predicted Alexander vs. Ali was probably right looking at it now.

Don't think it's been made clear whether Strong and Murphy are on the roster now or once the tournament's done they're back in NXT has it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

They cannot possibly have that match at WrestleMania, not even on the pre-show. Two guys that have been doing nothing (apart from a few funny powerpoint skits from Gulak) in two years. They were 2nd tier guys during the CWC, 2nd tier guys during the first year of 205 Live and they've only risen to the top now because they've already tried everyone else. It truly sums up the entire division though to be honest- just a big load of 'meh'.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

I’ll think it’ll be Mustafi Ali in the final. Play into him and Cedric being friends and teaming regularly and there’s been subtle hints of Ali turning on him. Cedric was always going to the final considering he was the last number 1 contender. Great match between him and Roddy. Strong has been fantastic on 205 Live

Another great match to set the final for 'mania.

Ali has probably shown the most pronounced character growth of any guy on the roster since Neville. I don't know how much longer he can sustain taking ridiculous bumps for though, but yeah he's very quickly becoming a very good babyface. 

This refresh of Gulak remains fantastic and he should be a huge part of the rehab of 205 going forward.

205 since the reboot has become in my mind the best hour of wrestling TV that WWE put out.