205 Live

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

I wasn't a massive fan of the Tajiri match, I think the bloke just looks fucking weird now too. Him and Kendrick feuding should be decent enough though. Agreed that Neville/Perkins was really good and TJ's best match in a while - maybe since the CWC.

It does baffle me why they don't put this on before Smackdown. An hour of fast-paced action to get the crowd even more pumped for SD, instead of giving the crowds stars like Styles/Cena/Miz/Ambrose then expecting them to stay awake for Lince Dorado and Tony Nese. Would anyone really be that arsed if '205 Live' wasn't exactly live?

Makes me wonder about Talking Smack too. Do they just tape this while 205 Live is airing and show it an hour later, or do Renee/Bryan/etc have to hang around for another hour?

• Paid Members

I saw that Bring it to the Table show and JBL's response to if 205 Live should go on after Smackdown was that the guys on the should basically prove they are good enough to go on after Smackdown and grab the audiences attention. That's easier said that done when the majority of the paying audience has already seen what they came for. Ever seen boxing matches that go on after main events? They literally fight in an empty arena, it may be an added bonus but once the main show has ended and peaked no ones going to be interested, just aint gonna happen.

• Paid Members

I saw that Bring it to the Table show and JBL's response to if 205 Live should go on after Smackdown was that the guys on the should basically prove they are good enough to go on after Smackdown and grab the audiences attention. That's easier said that done when the majority of the paying audience has already seen what they came for. Ever seen boxing matches that go on after main events? They literally fight in an empty arena, it may be an added bonus but once the main show has ended and peaked no ones going to be interested, just aint gonna happen.

Yep, that was complete bollocks what he came up with there and it was a bit too 'towing the company line' with his response. He even used him, Taker and a few other MAIN EVENTERS as an example of how it worked years ago. Of course it can work if you're putting the top guys in the company on last! Plus, a lot of the time they had to add in a bit of hokey fun to keep the audience entertained, like the time where they all kept slapping each others arses for bants.

Echo the comments re: Tajiri's match, he really looked disinterested and seemed to just phone it in. Really uninspiring performance (until he spat mist in Kendrick's face, he was ok after that). I don't like him without facial hair either.

Shame to see Dar lose, but there's some logic there if he's claiming he needs lady luck by his side.

I didn't agree with everything JBL said, but this week for example AJ Styles vs. John Cena took place after 205 Live, and neither of them had been in a match on Smackdown.  I'd have thought if you pay all that money for a ticket you'd be willing to sit through 45-60 minutes of extra matches to get a main event like that (there was another match after it too).  Surely that kind of match is what they came for.

Plus adding Neville, and Tajiri (eventually more familiar faces maybe) and the more the unknown guys will eventually be more familiar with the crowds, there's less reason for the live audience to not care about the 205 Live roster.

I do think they should just record it before Smackdown though.

Would anyone really be that arsed if '205 Live' wasn't exactly live?

But 205 rhymes with live. SO IT MUST BE LIVE!
Up the weight limit by 3 pounds and call it 208 Pre-Taped. Problem solved.

They could pre-tape it and call it 'October Winter Bash' or something seasonal when it is screened

Can it not be live on the network before Smackdown? I have no idea about production so i'm guessing it would mean doors would be stupidly early and half the equiptment might not be tested when it started. If not how about changing it to 205 "life" sounds so nineties you could even change the logo to graffiti!

They really need to think about doing this before Smackdown. The crowd just do not give a single solitary shit and have seemed to have taken to "WHAT!"-ing pretty much everybody.

The Cedric/Dar story progressed and we've got mental Alicia Fox back, which is good stuff.

Jack Gallagher was enjoyable once again, but you could hear a bug in row Z fart when he was doing his dramatic pauses.

Tozawa vignette so he is definately on his way and Neville was really good on the mic once again.

But none of that matters when the audience is not responding to anything having just had two hours of the 'real' stars on Smackdown. The only person who got even a ripple of a reaction for his match was Rich Swann, and I don't want to see him or his indieriffic cheap wing trunks.

Neville v Swann for the title at the Royal Rumble I'm sure will be good from an I ring perspective, but I've got a feeling that it is going to die in terms of crowd heat if it's anything other than the opening match

no no the think tanks at wwe ruined the CW from day one, since the first match on raw the fans have been bored shitless because they thought like we all did we'd see some high flying CW style that worked in wcw, the high flying stuff that worked back in 2003 (rey jr, tajiri, noble, nunzio etc etc) instead we got CW's working the wwe style of big show vs khali and thats how the wwe crowd at lives shows are not interested in the cw matches.

jack gallagher is bloody fantastic though

cw = the divas revolution bollocks

• Paid Members

Eh? Big Show vs Khali? The fuck you on about?

I thought this was a decent episode. Not overly arsed about Rich Swann's feud with Neville, but enjoyed the Gallagher stuff (already looking forward to the I Forfeit match) and loving sleazy pervert Noam Dar's story with Cedric/Alicia.

Alicia Fox is gorgeous.