205 Live

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

Yep. Tony Nese has a great look...from the neck down. His face looks as though he's in a constant state of confusion/strain and he's devoid of any charisma. Putting him and Gulak (who is hardly brimming with personality) together wasn't an inspired decision.

Yep. Tony Nese has a great look...from the neck down. His face looks as though he's in a constant state of confusion/strain and he's devoid of any charisma. Putting him and Gulak (who is hardly brimming with personality) together wasn't an inspired decision.

Innit, his face is utter Father Stone.

That Tozawa/Tajiri v DIY match in NXT was ace so can't wait for both of them to show up

• Paid Members

I think they might just stick Tozawa in NXT at this point.

I dunno, they've stuck him in the opening credits. I know they're easy enough to edit, but the current several guys can only wrestle each other so often. They'll stick Tozawa in when they need to. Same with Aries when he's recovered from injury...oh and Ho Ho fucking Lun.

First episode of 205 Live I've watched this week and I thought it was a decent enough show. 

Plus points were Neville's clinic, Noam Dar in the slimy sleazeball role and I actually think Gulak and Nese have potential as an old school heel tag team in the Revival mould, I also enjoyed the Gentlemen's Duel.

I read a review that said the matches didn't get enough time but I think it's the other way. To differentiate the guys from the main rosters, I think everything needs to be a bit more smash mouth and, dare I say, spotty? They could have easily shaved five minutes off the main event and a couple off the opener and not lost anything from the matches. I just think the show needs to be a bit more fast-paced, not just in terms of in-ring action but also delivery of the actual show.

• Paid Members

He's in the credits? Didn't even notice.

This 205 Live bollocks was always going to fail, why not just tape it at Full Sail and whack it on the network as an exclusive.

That's what it is. Just taped in arenas they already have setup. Given that it was "always going to fail" then taping it pretty much for free makes complete sense.

What's the criteria for it being a failure by the way? I take it you know the viewing figures?

According to his twitter account he thinks he's blown his knee, possibly a torn meniscus. Seems to be appealing for donations to help cover the medical bills for an MRI and surgery. Always a shame to see but credit to the guy for finishing the match.

There is a theory gaining traction that 'Mr 450' John Yunet may have gone into the match already injured.

Links to videos, pictures of matches etc appear to show him either wearing a knee brace or 'clearly' in discomfort.

One account states that a promoter actually cancelled a booking/match because he was in no condition to wrestle.

It would seem he withheld this from WWE.

Edited by uklaw

• Paid Members

Neville cut a very good promo this week before his match against TJP. Really impressed with the way he's coming across since turning heel, he's playing the role naturally. The little things like the way he looks at the crowd, decides not to climb the ropes during his entrance etc.

The whole show has been pretty decent the last couple of weeks. Only thing that didn't really do anything for me this week was Tajiri's return.

I'm really liking Neville in this new role and the promos he's been doing lately are great stuff

However, this does sort of sum a few things up that they need to reconsider when to put the show on

001BAD7E-F3FF-4C98-A532-3E1CE9D32B9D_zps

You've got one guy taking a call, two AJ Styles shirt wearers on their phones (and are through the whole match), one woman chin on hand looking bored out of her mind, a guy sitting ringside looking up at the arena video cube/scoreboard rather than the action that's happening a few feet away from him and everyone else say arms folded/generally disinterested.

It's a real shame as the Neville/Perkins match was very good, and I usually can't stand TJ Perkins, but they were dead for this match.