205 Live

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

How much would taping it before SD help realistically? We've had about 20 years of WWE C shows taped before Raw and Smackdown and none of them ever had any atmosphere either.

This is what it is. Guys people don't really care about making a show for the 7 people who do.

• Paid Members

The suggestion that this is taped at Full Sail is the best one, they'd get the crowd needed then and they can still work the Raw shows. What do the Raw crew do on Tuesday's at the moment? Must be a faff for the cruisers to jump between brands.

They'd still have to fly from Raw to Full Sail or vice versa if they taped it there. The advantage would be they could tape several shows at once, but they'd have to rename it. And taping several weeks at once wouldn't be a big benefit because they'd still have to fly the littlens out to Raw every week anyway -- and the cost of extra taping days at Full Sail means it'd be more expensive than the current system. So there doesn't seem much incentive to do that.

How long do the current NXT tapings take and how many episodes do they tape there? Probably a daft suggestion (usually are) but it might be an idea for WWE to build or renovate a small studio similar to the Full Sail set up of their own near the Performance Centre. They could have have it exactly how they like and just fly the guys in to film all the NXT/205/whatever other shows over a few day stretch each month or once a week. Then they could have as many different C shows as they like for extra Network content without much added expense or hassle of having to set up the Full Sail arena. A rename of 205 Live could be 205 Arrive. It still rhymes and still sounds equally as naff. 

Edited by Undefeated Steak

They'd still have to fly the guys to Raw every week so they'd save nothing and only add expenses for the production crew, as well as the massive cost of building a new studio. There's zero benefit in them doing that, it'd be astronomically more expensive than using Full Sail, at least in the short term. And 205 might not be a long term thing -- if they realise that a cruiserweight division in this day and age is meaningless, they'll just sack it off and split the best ones into the remaining three rosters.

I noticed while watching the UK Tourney preview on the Network, they intend for that to be one of their successful brands 'just like NXT & 205 Live'. They obviously don't want to ditch it just yet, but I had to let a little chuckle at that. 

I suppose a cruiserweight division is a bit of a non-starter today. The CWC was obviously great, but they certainly didn't transfer that altered style of working over to this, they're just more WWE lads now. It's mad seeing guys like TJP and remembering they had completely wicked matches in that tournament with Swann, Ibushi & Metallik, and now I've been trained to not give a solitary shit whenever I see his face. people seemed genuinely excited to see the cruiserweights for the first time at first, then Foley introduced them for some reason, fluffed his lines a couple thousand times and its like the hype died there and then

on to this week's show, the Kendrick/Maluta match was shit. They told a nice little story I suppose in that it took longer than anticipated to put Maluta away, but if that was the lad's chance to shine then he's spoiled it, he looked sloppy out there and even by this show's standards the crowd were dead. He's never getting over with that hair or gear either. I look forward to the Kendrick and Tajiri feud though, should be a lot of fun

Jack Gallagher typically good again, I sure hope the Queen did not witness that. stings to see the reactions dying after initially the fans seemed to take to him though. hopefully a good fun no DQ match gets them back on side a bit. Daivari is a decent talker too, I've been quite impressed with him

Alicia Fooooox with the most incredible over-acting I've ever seen when Cedric chucked her. don't know if I liked it or hated it. Dar suits his creeplord gimmick almost too well, I'm a little disturbed

Neville excelling on the mic again. Swann's dumbo line was shit and awkward but he's not a bad mic man either. Hopefully the match is well-placed at the Rumble to garner some kind of reaction

I do almost want Aries to stay on as a commentator full time as he's great value on this. If he took the place of JBL, Smackdown would be practically perfect

Aries is a revelation. I seriously don't think he needs to wrestle anymore and should just stay on the desk.

Swann is the worst thing on this show by miles and that match at the Rumble is going to die infront of 60,000 or whatever it is. Very odd decision. I hope i'm wrong, but I can't see any other outcome.

Everything about the love triangle storyline is brilliant.

Aries is a revelation. I seriously don't think he needs to wrestle anymore and should just stay on the desk.

Swann is the worst thing on this show by miles and that match at the Rumble is going to die infront of 60,000 or whatever it is. Very odd decision. I hope i'm wrong, but I can't see any other outcome.

Everything about the love triangle storyline is brilliant.

Any match involving the 205 Live group would be met with mostly silence in front of 60,000 though. Neville/Swann is probably the best you can hope for as the top match from them at the moment. I hate to think what they are looking at for Wrestlemania from the 205 lot. A multi-man for the title is probably what they will end up going with.

• Paid Members

Is there anyone they could bring in to challenge Neville, just as a one-shot deal? What's Mysterio up to these days? Or Liger? Ibushi on a short term deal maybe? Someone they could garner some interest in Neville actually facing once he takes the belt, which surely is inevitable. 

Is there anyone they could bring in to challenge Neville, just as a one-shot deal? What's Mysterio up to these days? Or Liger? Ibushi on a short term deal maybe? Someone they could garner some interest in Neville actually facing once he takes the belt, which surely is inevitable.

Austin Aries will be back in the ring by then, given he made it to main event level in ROH & TNA and whatever other Indy, he'll be looked at as a star by a lot of the smarks, most of the Cruiserweight haven't done that so they aren't seen as stars.