205 Live

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

So is Aries done wrestling now and they're nudging him towards commentary do we think? He's certainly too small for the main roster, and yes, I could see him being slotted into the CW division as a 'star' but maybe he sees the desk as a better option at this point. From what he's shown on NXT I think I've probably seen every single variation on the matches he can have over the years, I'm not sure where else he goes.

He's injured. Broken orbital bone. He's doing that while he recovers. He's said on commentary he's going to win the cruiserweight title when he's back.

• Paid Members

It also appeared that this weeks show was taped either before or after Raw as you could tell because of the commentary table set up and the guy wearing the Bayern Munich top in the front row. Can't tell if it was just a one off or the WWE trying to find the right combination to filming the show, especially with all the cruiserweights appearing on Raw anyway so saves moving them as well.

So is Aries done wrestling now and they're nudging him towards commentary do we think? He's certainly too small for the main roster, and yes, I could see him being slotted into the CW division as a 'star' but maybe he sees the desk as a better option at this point. From what he's shown on NXT I think I've probably seen every single variation on the matches he can have over the years, I'm not sure where else he goes.

Isn't he injured? I thought he was only on commentary until he was ready to go, and then he'd join the CW roster?

I mean I always always prefer hot crowds, but it's not bad, much helped by Aries' commentary but some interesting stuff nonetheless, not that fussed about any Dar match I've seen but his promo was entertaining and I've seen a bit too much of TJ Perkins and he needs heeling quick, Jack Gallagher I adore but is already losing momentum, his comedy spots are class but they're always gonna be best the first time you see them, though if they continue to give him mic time to flesh out that gimmick he'll do well. Mustafa Ali's gimmick is an intriguing one 'you judged me because of my name let me prove you wrong' and then heels on Lince Dorado, Araiya Daivari's almost as a counter feels a bit bygone era but I assume they wouldn't cross a certain line. Excited to see Tajiri coming into it

it's just been kind of a lot to take in at once I guess and that's why there's not that much discussion + some crowd resistance

• Paid Members

The first few shows were dodgy but it's starting to take shape now and they're actively trying to give some guys more of a character. There's still a lot of blandness unfortunately (I've not been given one reason to care about Lince shitty Dorado) but hopefully going forwards, the blander guys are phased out in favour of Neville/Aries/Gallagher and the more interesting cruisers. 

Any word on why they haven't used Tozawa yet? Hopefully it's because they've waiting until they've got something for him, he's too good to get lost in the shuffle with the likes of Dorado and Nese.

Edited by Lorne Malvo

Any word on why they haven't used Tozawa yet? Hopefully it's because they've waiting until they've got something for him, he's too good to get lost in the shuffle with the likes of Dorado and Nese.

Every week with no Tozawa is pissing my housemate off, big time. We've been fans of his since the first Dragon Gate shows over here years back. He's bloody excellent.

I keep saying that they'll bring him in as a bit of a killer and have him go on a bit of a streak and that's why they are waiting, while also winding him up that he'll pop up one week as Mr Tojo or something, with a doomed stereotypical gimmick from the 70s.

• Awards Moderator

I'm loving Neville at the moment. He's had more character time the last few weeks than in the previous eighteen months and it really feels like he's making the most of it.

The Gentleman's Duel was straight out of the William Regal 2000 playbook and I loved that too. "Besmirch" even got a mention!

That was probably the best episode yet for 205 Live

that Noam Dar segment was amazing. the stuff with Alicia Fooooox until now has been decent but he came off incredibly slimy this week and it was marvellous. His gimmick is basically Jay Phoenix and oh god it tickles me so much.

Loved the gentleman's duel of course. I know it's such an obvious gimmick for an English wrestler but he's sublime at it. Daivari has played his part well too. 

The sit down interview with Neville was great and the Swann match was pretty good. Never seen a match end on a superplex before I don't think. But obviously the real goodness is in the character value Neville's bringing to this

That was probably the best episode yet for 205 Live

that Noam Dar segment was amazing. the stuff with Alicia Fooooox until now has been decent but he came off incredibly slimy this week and it was marvellous. His gimmick is basically Jay Phoenix and oh god it tickles me so much.

Liked that we saw Dar chatting to Dana Brooke backstage on Raw too, the sleazebag. :)