Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

They don't even need McGregor. They have the Notorious Becky Lynch. 

In all seriousness, I wouldn't even want Conor in WWE. Bloke is an absolute weapon. 

He absolutely is, but let's face it: there have been, and probably are now, worse in WWE. Rousey's a nasty piece of work herself.

12 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

They don't even need McGregor. They have the Notorious Becky Lynch. 

In all seriousness, I wouldn't even want Conor in WWE. Bloke is an absolute weapon. 

But you’d watch it if he was and that’s what it’s all about at the end of the day.

• Paid Members

Watching MMC and "Team" BnB vs "Team" Mahalicia, and the overuse of the superfluous "Team" is really jarring. They just cut to a graphic of Day One Glow and Cole did it again. These are names that don't NEED the "Team" prefix, it's weird. It's a quirk they've had for years that is really odd, going back to when Cody and Sandow were "Team Rhodes Scholars" and even further, JR used to unnecessarily refer to Rated-RKO as "Team Rated-RKO." I don't get it, and am really grateful it's never "Team Shield."

Mind you, every promo is laced with redundancy these days as part of everyone needing to talk the same. People talking about what happened at "the Hell In A Cell pay per view" because just saying "Hell In A Cell" is for some reason inadequate. And of course, the worst, "the Royal Rumble match." Makes my skin crawl. "I won the Royal Rumble" sounds so better without adding "match" as though the idiots could be forgiven otherwise for thinking you won a whole PPV.

• Paid Members
Just now, King Pitcos said:

Do they also have to specify which Royal Rumble match they won now there are two on the pay per view?

Retrospectively they haven't, on the night the ring announcer said "the 30 man Royal Rumble match" which is all manner of redundancy.

The Fink saying "It is now time.... for the Royal Rumble!" was all I needed. There were a few (91 at least) where he didn't bother going over the rules, which delighted me. We know the fucking rules.

Introducing a "women's division match" annoys me too. Like... it's a match. Nobody with eyes needs it explicitly stated that Bayley v Sasha is not a men's match.

Although to play Devil's Advocate, no match needs introducing as scheduled for one fall unless it's explicitly scheduled for more. But it doesn't bother me because I grew up with "this contest is scheduled for one fall" and change isn't good.

3 minutes ago, air_raid said:

ntroducing a "women's division match" annoys me too. Like... it's a match.

I say this with a clean shaven neck and my white horse in its stable, but this is one of the reasons why women wrestling isn't considered wrestling, it's a division of wrestling, like cruisers but even more so.

41 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Watching MMC and "Team" BnB vs "Team" Mahalicia, and the overuse of the superfluous "Team" is really jarring. They just cut to a graphic of Day One Glow and Cole did it again. These are names that don't NEED the "Team" prefix, it's weird. It's a quirk they've had for years that is really odd, going back to when Cody and Sandow were "Team Rhodes Scholars" and even further, JR used to unnecessarily refer to Rated-RKO as "Team Rated-RKO." I don't get it, and am really grateful it's never "Team Shield."

Mind you, every promo is laced with redundancy these days as part of everyone needing to talk the same. People talking about what happened at "the Hell In A Cell pay per view" because just saying "Hell In A Cell" is for some reason inadequate. And of course, the worst, "the Royal Rumble match." Makes my skin crawl. "I won the Royal Rumble" sounds so better without adding "match" as though the idiots could be forgiven otherwise for thinking you won a whole PPV.

Funnily enough Graves asked that very question on Raw last night

"Why is everyone called Team?"

Renee Young and Michael Cole both said in unison "Because they are a team"

And had a little chuckle themselves for a few seconds 

So that I guess is WWEs reasoning it's because they are a Team

It Is daft though I agree

• Paid Members
Just now, Keith Houchen said:

I say this with a clean shaven neck and my white horse in its stable, but this is one of the reasons why women wrestling isn't considered wrestling, it's a division of wrestling, like cruisers but even more so.

Yeah. There's a bunch of strange lads that complain about the "sexism" of New Japan for not bothering to promote womens matches or "a women's division" in an apparent attempt to fly the "I support women, me" flag. These guys are surely not unaware of promotions existing like Stardom, so what they're basically saying is "YEAH! New Japan are sexist, get a womens match on the show! .... What, a whole card of them??? Ooooh, bit much for me mate."

19 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Introducing a "women's division match" annoys me too. Like... it's a match. Nobody with eyes needs it explicitly stated that Bayley v Sasha is not a men's match.

Although to play Devil's Advocate, no match needs introducing as scheduled for one fall unless it's explicitly scheduled for more. But it doesn't bother me because I grew up with "this contest is scheduled for one fall" and change isn't good.

I can't wait until Evolution. Will all matches be announced as a women's division match?