bobby dazzler Posted October 9, 2018 Posted October 9, 2018 On 9/30/2018 at 10:33 PM, Weezenal said: I hope he has a nectar card. He has a Nexus card.
Paid Members Supremo Posted October 9, 2018 Paid Members Posted October 9, 2018 I’ve suddenly realised what’s likely going to happen. After treating him like a complete goof for months on end, they’re probably going to give Daniel Bryan the WWE Title at Crown Jewel, with almost no build up, then it’s going to be one of those self-fulfilling prophecy when it doesn’t really work. They gave him the belt and I didn’t work. He doesn’t have, “it.” Never mind the fact that he was jobbing to Shelton weeks earlier.
Paid Members Fatty Facesitter Posted October 9, 2018 Paid Members Posted October 9, 2018 10 hours ago, Carbomb said: He absolutely is, but let's face it: there have been, and probably are now, worse in WWE. Rousey's a nasty piece of work herself. You're not wrong. I still wouldn't want him - even by wrestler, carny level standards I'd say he's a bigger weapon than most. 10 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said: But you’d watch it if he was and that’s what it’s all about at the end of the day. I watch WWE regardless. The point wasn't whether I'd watch him or not - the point was it's not something I want to happen or have a desire to see. He's a complete fuckhead. Even if it's good business and good for ratings, I'm sick of his 'showmanship' (acting like a cunt) already with him only fighting once a year, let alone appearing every week on WWE TV. He'd be absolutely horrendous.
King Pitcos Posted October 9, 2018 Posted October 9, 2018 25 minutes ago, Supremo said: I’ve suddenly realised what’s likely going to happen. After treating him like a complete goof for months on end, they’re probably going to give Daniel Bryan the WWE Title at Crown Jewel, with almost no build up, then it’s going to be one of those self-fulfilling prophecy when it doesn’t really work. They gave him the belt and I didn’t work. He doesn’t have, “it.” Never mind the fact that he was jobbing to Shelton weeks earlier. So are you going to complain more if he wins or loses?
Paid Members Supremo Posted October 9, 2018 Paid Members Posted October 9, 2018 At this point, I’d rather he loses via Samoa Joe interference and they write a proper storyline for Bryan to eventually get revenge against him at Mania, winning the Title then. Let Joe take it from AJ at Survivor Series or something. Maybe in a Triple Threat. Then do the slow build for the one-on-one at Mania. Giving him it now is pointless.
Paid Members air_raid Posted October 9, 2018 Paid Members Posted October 9, 2018 3 minutes ago, Supremo said: At this point, I’d rather he loses via Samoa Joe interference and they write a proper storyline for Bryan to eventually get revenge against him at Mania, winning the Title then. Let Joe take it from AJ at Survivor Series or something. Maybe in a Triple Threat. Then do the slow build for the one-on-one at Mania. Giving him it now is pointless. Loses to AJ when Miz interferes. AJ loses title to Miz at the Rumble, Bryan wins the Rumble. AJ is holding on til the Rumble so they can erase Punk's not-record.
Paid Members Supremo Posted October 9, 2018 Paid Members Posted October 9, 2018 A few months ago I’d have been fully on board with Daniel beating The Miz for the Title at Wrestlemania. I’ve lost my enthusiasm though. We’ve seen them feud now and it hasn’t lived up expectations, and at the same time we’ve seen Joe become the overall best performer in the company. Managing to make almost anything work, the best heel in ages, Joe’s now my pick for Bryan’s opponent at Mania. Imagine Joe threatening to smash Bryan’s brain in. Totally believable. “GET THE MRI READY!”
Paid Members WeeAl Posted October 10, 2018 Paid Members Posted October 10, 2018 I feel the same, when it comes to Bryan and Miz now. It's a piece of burnt toast. Sure you could salvage it if you wanted to, but you'd enjoy a fresh piece more. For me, it's time they move on from it. Joe should win the belt eventually though I'm unsure of the end goal. I still expect WWE to go with Miz and Bryan even if I wouldn't do that myself.
Paid Members BomberPat Posted October 10, 2018 Paid Members Posted October 10, 2018 14 hours ago, air_raid said: Watching MMC and "Team" BnB vs "Team" Mahalicia, and the overuse of the superfluous "Team" is really jarring. They just cut to a graphic of Day One Glow and Cole did it again. These are names that don't NEED the "Team" prefix, it's weird. It's a quirk they've had for years that is really odd, going back to when Cody and Sandow were "Team Rhodes Scholars" and even further, JR used to unnecessarily refer to Rated-RKO as "Team Rated-RKO." I don't get it, and am really grateful it's never "Team Shield." With "Team Rhodes Scholars" et al, I seem to remember it being off the back of the Olympics, and "Team USA" being the branding for the national team that year (we had "Team GB", which was even shitter), so Vince wanted in on that action. Also probably a small amount of influence from the Twilight "Team Edward/Team Jacob" nonsense (I remember it being mentioned that they were explicitly looking to mimic this for the first Rock/Cena match, effectively encouraging the crowd to book sides rather than have a face and a heel - this also gave us "Team Bring It").
Guest Posted October 10, 2018 Posted October 10, 2018 4 hours ago, BomberPat said: the Olympics, and "Team USA" being the branding for the national team that year I think that's a regular thing, hence Team Angle, Team ECK, and so on. And much like Twilight, back in the days of Dawson's Creek, when viewers all had their preference as to which lad Katie Holmes should end up with, they were either on Team Dawson or Team Pacey.
Paid Members air_raid Posted October 10, 2018 Paid Members Posted October 10, 2018 6 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said: Team ECK Find me literally one example of that being used on WWF TV while Edge, Christian and Kurt were knocking around on telly together.
Guest Posted October 10, 2018 Posted October 10, 2018 Jesus. If you think I've imagined it then good for you, have a cookie. I can't be arsed spending the night on YouTube.
TildeGuy~! Posted October 10, 2018 Posted October 10, 2018 Yea, I’m pretty sure Kurt used to call them Team Eck to the dismay of Edge and Christian.
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted October 10, 2018 Paid Members Posted October 10, 2018 Cole uses "Team ECK" at the start of this. I always thought it was a regular name used. Team RECK (Rhino, Edge, Christian and Kurt) was the one that was made up by the Internet I believe.
Paid Members air_raid Posted October 10, 2018 Paid Members Posted October 10, 2018 I stand corrected said the man in the orthopedic shoes. Sorry @Uncle Zeb. It's not constant like it is today though. Team Angle was a thing and made perfect sense for the gimmick which was Kurt's clones. At least "Team ECK" as unimaginative as it is, was in lieu of a real name. Rated-RKO, Rhodes Scholars and the MMC teams had/have perfectly serviceable names that the commentators want to put "Team" in front of for no reason I can fathom.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.