Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

I know it's completely pointless to moan about Roman winning, because we all know that's been the plan since forever, but fucking hell. Watching that chamber match, who do you reckon most people would want to see against Lesnar - the lad who dominated the entire match pinning five lads, or the lad who spent most of his time rolling around looking knackered as fuck and just about managed to pin one person? I get that we're meant to think Roman's great because he beat the lad who beat everyone else, but it didn't come across that way at all. Baffling that it was booked that way really.

24 minutes ago, Joey Joe Joe said:

I disagree. Sure, it wasn't the best segment, but the footage of her training looked liked she was getting IT, and I suspect the match to be decent. Look back at similar matches like this from Wrestlemania (Mayweather, Snookie etc) and they were far from the worst matches on the card. Well, apart from LT/Bigelow

Was far from the worst match on that (very bad) card either

I think that they'd sensed what was going to happen around Braun's third elimination. The plan was always going to continue, but having said that they've got 5 episodes of RAW to make going through with it mean something. If Brock puts his working boots on in the build, it'll be fine. But if all we get is the usual Heyman promos and another big pull apart brawl or another tug-of-war with the belt, then it's on a road to nowhere

Edited by WyattSheepMask

2 hours ago, zep81 said:

Thought the men's chamber match was pretty crap and dull tbh. Little use of the actual chamber too.

Agreed, what got me was the last what, 6 months of Braun basically destroying the world then he gets put in a match with no limits and he basically causes no real destruction. Seemed very inconsistent with the Braun character to me, I literally expected them to gimmick the pod of Elias so when he closed the door Braun fucking ripped it out the floor and tipped Elias out or something!!! I just expected carnage.

I’ve been convinced for the longest time that The Undertaker wasn’t coming back, but Cena sure sounds like he’s prefacing calling him out for Mania. I’m guessing the ‘not proper etiquette’ relates to the idea of calling out a retired athlete.

I’d go great guns with it, too. Whip out the casket or do a buried alive match. Loser leaves town forever type deal. Make it as ridiculous as possible. I’d be well up for that.

• Paid Members

It's going to be him calling out 'Taker, surely?

Though I hope it's not as straightforward as John Cena calling him out and Undertaker mysteriously appearing. I want Cena to properly have to goad 'Taker out of retirement; almost like Undertaker convincing Flair to fight him at Wrestlemania 18 by beating up Arn Anderson and David Flair. Just have John Cena do something that would make Undertaker have no choice but fight him.

Too many times Undertaker's Wrestlemania match hasn't had much story beyond "It's Wrestlemania, here's the Undertaker", giving him an incentive to come back and fight needs to be a priority to make this one make sense.

It's a shame they had him show up at RAW 25, because I wanted to see them go all-in on him not having been seen - like a better version of the build to the second Undertaker/Triple H 'Mania match, where he'd been hidden away somewhere and cut all his hair off. It's always disappointing when part of the story is that Undertaker's getting old and might not have what it takes any more, only for him to show up with a fresh dye job, shit mascara, and trying to wrestle a bog-standard Undertaker match. I want to show up looking like a mad old man - shave his head, grow out the beard and keep it grey, have him look like the aging cowboy they try and tell us he is.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, drkopen said:

I loved that.

They should fully commit to it and have him "make weight" and do a live weight in.

With skits of him spending ages in a sauna until he passes out or has to leave, and getting into fights at WeightWatchers.

Just now, Supremo said:

Men’s chamber match suffered massively from Elias not taking his guitar and microphone into his chamber with him. Imagine him doing daft little songs throughout the match. That would’ve been great.

You just reminded me: what an opening line Elias had with “it’s a little weird for me being here performing in the Elimination Chamber, but I guess when you are from Vegas you’re used to seeing people you love behind bars.”

Elias is fucking brilliant.

My one solace with the ending of the main event is that they’ll probably move into a full Braun/Elias feud.