Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

I'm sure a million people have said this before, but the frustrating part of the men's EC result and the Wrestlemania plan is that, in Strowman, they've finally achieved everything they've been trying for years to achieve with Reigns. You've got a charismatic, prototypical big man who screams 'main event attraction' to casuals and who current fans are completely behind. Him winning the title at Wrestlemania is the biggest feel-good moment available to them and it'd leave them in a great position going forward. It seems a great shame they're not willing to capitalise on that.

• Paid Members

I'm convinced that Strowman is going to be added to the Universal Title match at WrestleMania, and is winning it. Cena's comments reek of 'calling out Taker' as other have mentioned and Strowman is still white hot, so I don't see him facing either of those two. Eliminating a load of people in the chamber to then suffer a pinfall to Reigns (to get some heat on Roman), only to then be added to the match later, makes a lot of sense and will also give a large section of the crowd somebody to get behind. It's also a combination of the three that is yet to be done on PPV.

Brock VS Reigns will probably be ace, as the last one was, but fans are apathetic by the sound of the match. Strowman VS Brock was a massive letdown first time around (on a B PPV no less), so that was never going to headline. The 4-way at Summerslam on the other hand was bloody brilliant, so I'm confident a triple threat will also be excellent. I wouldn't rule out Rollins being added to make it a 4-way either, although that would dilute the big-time feel of the match even more than making it a triple threat would. For that reason, I reckon we'll see Cena/Taker go on last. Possibly a retirement match, both careers on the line.

So...could end up with:

Cena VS Taker

Brock VS Reigns VS Strowman (VS Rollins?)

Styles VS Nakamura

Triple H & Stephanie VS Ronda Rousey & somebody (Rock? Angle? The ghost of Test?)

Yeah, I'd happily take that. On paper that's fantastic and we're edging towards Mania 31 in terms of quality.

Edited by PunkStep

That’s the thing, considering they don’t have the biggest pack to shuffle, they’ve done as well as they possibly could.

I’m not convinced they add Braun to the main (but would love it if they did). I wouldn’t be surprised if they just tossed a load of money at Rock or Austin to be the special ref. If they’re still convinced they can ‘make’ Reigns at Mania, then it won’t be in a triple threat.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, sj5522 said:

It was Kofi he took out, I remember because him and Rey had a great finishing stretch in that chamber.

Of course it was. That was some terrible misremembering.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I’m not convinced they add Braun to the main (but would love it if they did).

What do they do with Braun though? Bearing in mind this isn't so much of a Daniel Bryan situation, Braun is their guy. They want him to be a star too. I can't see them tossing aside all this momentum they've built for him by having him squash The Miz or someone.

Just now, PunkStep said:

What do they do with Braun though? Bearing in mind this isn't so much of a Daniel Bryan situation, Braun is their guy. They want him to be a star too. I can't see them tossing aside all this momentum they've built for him by having him squash The Miz or someone.

I’d say Elias. They did the angle the other week that everyone loved, they built up the story between them all through last nights match. The build could be fun, if nothing else.

• Paid Members

Gonna make another couple more predictions for WrestleMania- three separate women's matches (not including a Rousey mixed tag) and no Raw Tag title match. Can't see anyone in a prominent position challenging The BAR between now and then, and I don't think (or rather hope they won't) waste a spot - even on the kick-off - for The BAR VS Balor Club or something. I'd chuck them all in the Andre crumble instead.

I'm subscribing to the theory that Asuka will challenge Charlotte- leaving Bliss VS Jax from Raw. Sasha Banks VS Bayley as the third women's match, possibly on the kick-off.

I hope Vince realises he's about to put Cedric Alexander on the show and quickly does a u-turn and puts the tournament final on 205 Live instead. Imagine the crickets for a Cruiserweight title match from the current 205 Live roster, even on the kick-off show. Absolute waste.

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Seeing Daniel Cormier and Cain Velasquez sitting front row whilst they chucked Travis Browne (Rondas fella) in the third row was hilarious to me. 

I’m still hoping for the day when Cormier retires from MMA and they bring him into WWE. He seems tailor made for a cameo. UFC Champion, absolutely loves WWE, super athletic, mega charismatic. I think he’d be great. 

The more I think about it, the more I wish they’d just had Braun kill everyone, Roman included. That would’ve been awesome if he eliminated everyone and went on to have a daft no-DQ brawl with Lesnar at Mania. Him taking the pin in the chamber will probably be looked back upon similar to when Goldberg didn’t win the chamber at Summerslam 2003.

Something I haven’t seen mentioned much - I thought Asuka vs. Nia was great fun. Easily Nia’s best match. Fast paced, hard hitting, exactly what it needed to be.

Edited by Supremo