Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

Not gonna lie, I laughed my head off. It sucks, but you've got to laugh. This push is so Hassan-esque it's properly uncomfortable though, expecting Hulkster back for a big showdown at Summerslam. 

Rest of the show was alright, bumps of the night go to the Singhs. Owens and AJ was predictably excellent, with a decent finish allowing for more action between the two. Naka opening the show was a good choice, not a blinder and too much bloody Ziggler offense for my liking but a decent enough showcase. Tags was really entertaining, but could've gone on longer and I'm gutted that the Sexy Cops aren't champs. 

Corbin/Zayn and Rowan/Harper were decent, women's match felt like it was off Smackdown though, and not very interesting. Main event? Excellent absurdist humour... 

Smackdown seems to be learning the hard way that you should never every beat Raw, lest you suffer the consequences.

Nakamura curtain jerking, Styles/Owens finishing with one of the worst count outs ever and Jinder.

Jesus Lord have mercy.

• Paid Members

Ha ha ha ha ha. They fucking did it. Jesus. I only watched the finish so only have two comments. Jinder's gear was lovely, fair play. Randy's facials throwing around the Singh brothers were good. That's a Randy Orton I could get behind. 

Usos and Fashion Police delivered a good, comedic title match. Enjoyed that.

Opener was very solid but nowhere near the level of Naka's previous efforts. I put a lot of that down to my being tired of Ziggler. He worked hard and it was nice to see some proper heel heat but I just don't buy or believe him after the years of cosplay Mr Perfect.

Owens and Styles worked hard too. Finish was different and ensures a rematch. Good thinking.

Nice to see wins for Sami and Luke Harper. 

Edited by tiger_rick

1 hour ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Yeah, so that's pretty lazy, no?

Offhand, I wonder if he's now the worst WWE Champion in history. I can't actually think of anyone worse to hold that actual belt in terms of ability or being over.

Why would a Heel have to be over?

Honestly, this is the first true heel champion since JBL. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

Why would a Heel have to be over?

Honestly, this is the first true heel champion since JBL. 

Being over doesn't mean being cheered. JBL might have been a genuine heel and his was a good talker but no one eas paying to see him getting his commupence so he wasn't over. 

1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Being over doesn't mean being cheered. JBL might have been a genuine heel and his was a good talker but no one eas paying to see him getting his commupence so he wasn't over. 

Exactly this. The Miz is over as a heel, he's not getting massive cheers and is awesome on the mic. (Except against Cena but that's literally impossible)

9 minutes ago, Wrasslin said:

Exactly this. The Miz is over as a heel, he's not getting massive cheers and is awesome on the mic. (Except against Cena but that's literally impossible)

As much as I love Miz, no one is paying to see him get a beating either. 

Edited by Yakashi

• Paid Members

In fairness to all involved, I thought that's the best Randy Orton has looked in years. Proper worked his arse off to make it all work.

The one guy chanting "You deserve it" right at the end was hilarious - I hope he was being a sarcy.

Not sure who'll be considered a worse champion in a few years, Jack "Big Jericho" Swagger or Jinder Jabroni Mahal.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

As much as I love Miz, no one is paying to see him get a beating either. 

Nobody is really paying to see anyone take a beating these days though, are they? It's not like Flair in the 80s. When was the last time people were that invested in somebody getting their comeuppance that they'd tune in JUST to see them hopefully lose, over a sustainable period? Triple H in 2000 comes to mind.