The "I've just watched ..." thread

mikehoncho

Watched a 10 man elimination match on New Japan World. Get this for teams ---- Keiji Mutoh, Kensuke Sasaki, Manabu Nakanishi, Shinya Hashimoto and WILLIAM REGAL (!) v Masahiro Chono, Hiryoshi Tenzan, Scott Norton, NWO Sting and BUFF BAGWELL (!!)

A fun match with surprising eliminations and an equally fun angle at the end.

Worth it for Bagwell avoiding stepping in the ring with Hashimoto after seeing his kicks, only to get the kicking later on!

• Paid Members

Watched The Rhodes Lads vs The Shield from Battleground 2013 on me lunch.

Never even fucking knew the match existed. And what a match it was. From the promos preceding it to the crescendo I was hooked, excited and my pots were gone throughout. Job done. Absolutely...wow.

Yeah, that's an excellent match that had a really good build. Only shame was they did next to nothing with Cody & Goldust after it. It was joint-Match of the year on here for 2013.

• Paid Members

Bret Vs Bulldog from In Your House 4. Love the pre-match promos talking about the way Bret's never beaten Davey, the allegation that Davey's wearing the same tights he wore at Summerslam '92 and the way they keep using long shots and wide angle to try and avoid showing too much of the ridiculous juice job Bret does. There are some none to bad matches on that show. Owen Vs Diesel isn't bad, Ahmed Vs Buddy Landell is pretty woeful though, as is Taker Vs Mabel.

Recently watched the Macho Man documentary on the network. Found it a bit weird, they seemed to jump from kayfaybe and real life a lot. Especially around the stuff with Elizabeth and him being controlling and jealous.

Also found Lanny Poffo to be all for himself. How his poems and words made everyone cry etc,

Recently watched the Macho Man documentary on the network. Found it a bit weird, they seemed to jump from kayfaybe and real life a lot. Especially around the stuff with Elizabeth and him being controlling and jealous.

Also found Lanny Poffo to be all for himself. How his poems and words made everyone cry etc,

Be grateful he didnt tell the story about he could fit his own dick in his mouth

I've watched the ECW run on TNN and corresponding Hardcore TV shows, and it's hard to work out if Paul E had totally run out of creative ideas or had just stopped trying.

The Dupps, just plain awful. A gimmick where a man picks at his anus and sniffs his fingers, I mean really? Then they have a loser leaves town match against Danny Doring and Roadkill with pretty much zero build up and that nobody cared about. As the Dupps were leaving to go to WWE, just don't waste TV time on them any more.

The tag titles, did Paul E forget they existed? Justin Credible vacates his half in April and it takes until late August to hold a one night tournament to crown new ones? Worse still the new champions only get to hold the belts for one day before dropping them to the FBI. Even more bizarrely the latter match was under the stipulation that the FBI would split up if they didn't win, who came up with that idea? That sort of stipulation is generally used when the champions refuse to defend unless it's added or something similar, but that didn't seem to be the case.

Scotty Anton and the clap gimmick, absolutely abysmal. I get that the whole idea was that the Network were supposedly behind the gimmick, but it's still dumb. Ideas that run counter to the ECW way have previously been done successfully, like Cactus Jack's anti-hardcore run or when Bill Alfonso was sent by the State Athletic Commission to enforce the rules. So it would have been quite possible to do something similar and blame it on the Network, without the clap nonsense.

Chris Hamrick, I'm guessing Paul E used him because he could get away without paying him? Never seen him in a good match ever.

Chilly Willy and Bilvis Wesley, more awful gimmicks. I understand the logic of having some variety on the cards, but wasting TNN time on those two? Was ECW with its notoriously rabid fans going to have a world champion called Chilly Willy? 

And I almost forgot, Super Crazy who must be Superman really. He takes a huge bump to the outside and he's busy high-fiving the fans while getting back in the ring. He takes a big splash in the corner from 600 lb Big Sal, and 30 seconds later does a moonsault and doesn't bother to sell he's just had his chest crushed. He has his back worked over in some painful way that currently escapes my memory, then straight after does a basement dropkick on someone on the canvas. Anything done to him is no-sold straight after, if I was Sabu I'd have refused to put him over as well.

Edited by Tamura