The "I've just watched ..." thread

mikehoncho

• Paid Members

I was surprised Austin didn't try and pull some strings for Page as I hear they go way back. I suppose it's a moot point given Vince's attitude towards WCW AND having Taker in his ear, though.

I was surprised Austin didn't try and pull some strings for Page as I hear they go way back. I suppose it's a moot point given Vince's attitude towards WCW AND having Taker in his ear, though.

I think, if I have my stories correct, the reason that DDP believes he wasn't pushed in the way you'd expect is down to his first meeting with Vince.

Apparently Vince was all business like, and DDP was being a bit over the top about the whole thing. Acting very enthusiastically, and hugging people in the meeting room etc, so Vince saw him as a joke from then on. 

Might be wrong, but that's how I recall the story hah.

Goldberg/Nash Starrcade contract signing on Nitro.

Goldberg comes out first and has to stand in the ring to wait on Nash, which is backwards IMO. Nash looks like an idiot with the funny faces and brings this down tbh. 

Bigelow is at ringside and tries to get involved but is held back by security. Bam Bam/Goldberg then do a great little brawl outside at the end of the show.

I mean, fuck Nash, Goldberg/Bigelow is what's hot now. It's great for now but we all know it's Nash at Starrcade and it's odd that they do this now, as good as it is.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK, Bigelow's WCW debut

This was soooooooooo well done. Feels like the first real program Goldberg has been involved in since he became champ, TBH. Shame he's not on the next PPV and he's got Nash at Starrcade though.

I have uploaded his debut and the segments from Nitro 11/16/1998 here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x54layb_bam-bam-bigelow-wcw-debut-goldberg-all-segments-wcw-monday-nitro-11-16-1998_sport

To be honest, the Bigelow debut is one of the few things WCW didn't totally balls up that year.

Bret Hart vs Diamond Dallas Page (WCW Monday Nitro 10/26/98)

Really good Nitro main event, here. Spot the idiot in the crowd during Buffer's initial ring announcment.

Oh, and speaking of Buffer;

Bret 'The Hitman'...........................Clark?

WTF was that about?

• Paid Members

WWF Raw 14/09/98 features a McMahon promo, Jarret vs. Road Dogg (with their history explained), The Rock vs. Kane, Triple H vs. Owen Hart for the IC Title, Taker vs. Mankind, Mark Henry vs. Chyna & X-Pac, "The Preacher's wife", Jacqueline's tits, Sable in a thong, Austin vs. Shamrock for the WWF Title and an early version of Rock and Sock in the post match rumble in front of a red hot crowd in San Jose.

Fantastic stuff. Better than most PPVs that year.

I've been watching back to back episodes of Raw from 1997. Just watched the Raw after Brian Pillman died, and Vince has that interview with Melanie Pillman. Anyone else think her emotions were really insincere? They looked forced, like a bad actress that needs to do a crying scene.

I'm not saying his death was a work, just that for someone who's husband had died the previous day, her reaction seemed a little off.

not seen the interview and don't want to, but would it not be likely it's cos her husband's death was being exploited for TV ratings before it had even got a chance to sink in?