The "I've just watched ..." thread

mikehoncho

Class isn't it?

I'm turning over to Lesnar vs Reigns from Mania 31 now which is also so, so good. I'm excited for the fact that this Lesnar seems to be coming back and not the one that flatlined a bit this year, the Goldberg feud has/will reignite him for sure.

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

Seth Rollins vs John Cena vs Brock Lesnar from Royal Rumble 2015, is there a better triple threat match than this?

its up there. as a TWC 00s-indie mark spaz, I have to include Ki/Danielson/Daniels from the first ROH show as well as AJ/Joe/Daniels from TNA Unbreakable, but that's certainly the best WWE three way I've seen

Both Benoit/HBK/HHH matches would be close, but the bad man kill....

The Backlash one in particular feels quite underrated but there's so much about Benoit's fam and life in that whole show, it's a genuinely tricky watch, no matter how easily you can sit through Benoit stuff retrospectively

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

Has anyone else been brave enough to give 1995 WWF another viewing? For a few weeks now I've been watching Raw episodes from January onwards on the network, and it genuinely isn't as bad as I remembered back in the day.

I think a major saving grace is the hour long shows, which are a breeze to go through. Granted it isn't a patch on 1997 etc, but its more watchable than I gave it credit for.

No excuse for shite like Mantaur, Stephanie Wiand and the fucking Blu Twins though.

• Paid Members

Has anyone else been brave enough to give 1995 WWF another viewing? For a few weeks now I've been watching Raw episodes from January onwards on the network, and it genuinely isn't as bad as I remembered back in the day.

I think a major saving grace is the hour long shows, which are a breeze to go through. Granted it isn't a patch on 1997 etc, but its more watchable than I gave it credit for.

No excuse for shite like Mantaur, Stephanie Wiand and the fucking Blu Twins though.

Yeah, I've been watching the 1995 Raws for about two years! Slow progress.

I actually only saw WWF PPVs back then so didn't think it was that bad anyway. I was surprised watching Raw just how many newcomers there were. Also how much stuff they used on Superstars when Raw was crying out for it. Diesel was hardly ever on Raw.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I've been watching the 1995 Raws for about two years! Slow progress.

I actually only saw WWF PPVs back then so didn't think it was that bad anyway. I was surprised watching Raw just how many newcomers there were. Also how much stuff they used on Superstars when Raw was crying out for it. Diesel was hardly ever on Raw.

I suppose you still had the issue then that Raw wasn't necessarily shown internationally, with Superstars still being the #1 show in a lot of markets (I'm almost certain that was the case in the UK, unless memory fails me). Mania seemed to mop it all up, although I remember buying one of the early In Your Houses on VHS as they weren't on Sky.

Its also marked how they had clips of Diesel at some kind of function or event every single week, rubbing shoulders with famous celebs etc. It was like they knew the star power was worse than it had ever been, thus the need to get the rub off others.

I found 1995 (only reached May so far) to be an easier watch than the 1993 episodes of Raw, which is odd really as 93 is a much more special year for me, nostalgia wise.

Edited by garynysmon

Watched Goldberg/DDP @HH

Starting with that MAGIC ENTRANCE (Cheap plug for an upload)

THAT FUCKING CROWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

getout.gif

Bill; "Get the fuck out with trying that shit with me"

spear.gif

cutter.gif

Fuck i adore this match. 

Everything about that match was perfect for me.

The Goldberg aura that he had being undefeated. The build up of DDP as the peoples champion (the real one, not the rock) with the double that he had built up the diamond cutter as this huge move that could maybe be THE thing to stop the un-stoppable Goldberg.

Then theres the match itself! The pair brawling, the injury to his arm and finally the reversal of the Jackhammer into the Cutter. I remember watching it on Nitro upon broadcast in the UK and lost my mind when he hit it. I 100% thought he was about to become champion, and would have happily taken it as well. Goldberg comes back for a solid win, but the fact that Goldberg had indeed been tested to his limits was a good thing for me.

How they never tried following this up for a rematch is beyond me. I know the issues with broadcast didn't help, but it easily could have been made one of those "I can beat you" type feuds.

• Paid Members

Ah I loved that match. It really was typical WCW that the PPV cut off early and left such a sour taste in people's mouth's. Saying that, it wouldn't have changed anything if everyone who had ordered the show had got to see the match at the time and loved it. By this point management had started going cold on Goldberg and plotting his death via cattle prod.

I've been re-watching late 80's/early 90's WWF shows again lately, and while so much of them are great fun, there's an unfortunate common theme that unites them that we're all well aware of. Dino shitting Bravo. If anybody can please explain to me what purpose he had I'd be very grateful, as I'm fucking stumped. He's plastered over everything, and even in defeat he's often protected. If ever there was someone who gave meaning to the term 'stealing a living', it was shitarse Dino.

Add me to the DDP/Goldberg fanclub. It's my favourite WCW match ever, absolute wrestling perfection.

Though it's a reminder of how criminally wasted DDP was in the WWF.

We all know its because Vince and his "WCW can suck my..." type mindset, but promoted correctly DDP Vs any of the "top guys" (Triple H/Rock/Austin/Taker) could have been big business, at least in my mind. I know he had a few matches with those types anyway, but they were mostly throw-away 1 and done style things.

Missed opportunity with DDP for sure.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK, Bigelow's WCW debut

This was soooooooooo well done. Feels like the first real program Goldberg has been involved in since he became champ, TBH. Shame he's not on the next PPV and he's got Nash at Starrcade though.

I have uploaded his debut and the segments from Nitro 11/16/1998 here: