The "I've just watched ..." thread

mikehoncho

But surely she would only know that after the fact. Why would she agree to do it otherwise? If anything, being in that high emotional state, those questions would surely trigger something more than a croaky voice. She sounded like she wanted to cry for the cameras, but couldn't pull it off.

Funny what you remember years later, but my Dad watched that episode of Raw with us when it first aired (background viewing for him), and he said the exact same thing.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

Weird how that isn't more publicly criticized by the seems of it compared to other blunders the company have made in the past/around the same time, I only heard about it through SCG and couldn't believe they'd be that cold. if it got a harsher response at the time, maybe just maybe we'd have avoided the Eddie's dead etc. nonsense 9 years later. don't mess with the dead and the grieving! fairly simple ground-rule

Grief is exhausting, I remember when an internet friend died a few years ago I was a complete wreck, you can't cry 24/7 even though you feel like doing so and you start to feel emotionally dead, can't imagine if it was my life-partner who died. I guess there's also the good chance she was on something at the time, whether to cope with the grief or she was on some drugs previously. Like I say I've not seen the interview and not really out to give it a watch, but if she appeared to act odd then those would be my guesses

John Cena vs Umaga from Royal Rumble 2007 - faaaaaaackin 'ell what a match. Brutal, perfectly timed and told the perfect story. The table spot is still jaw dropping.

I was 15 and a massive Cena hater at the time but Umaga made him look so good I couldn't help but be overawed at this match and begrudgingly gave Cena credit for playing the babyface in peril.

Umaga has to be the best wrestler from his family and it's a crying shame he died so young.

Watched a 1991 SWS show. Orihara and Kitahara have a fun match with some crazy spots. Greg Valentine comes out to music more fitting Rick Rude. Davey Boy wrestles. Haku is on the show. And main event has Demolition against Tenryu and a partner in a tag match I will be watching tomorrow

I watched Clash of the Champions 23 from June 1993 last night. WCW gets a lot of stick over 93, with the Cactus Jack amnesia angle and the midget and exploding boat video but in the ring it was a really good promotion.

This show was a good quick watch at around 90 mins and three of the five matches were really good, the other two weren't really bad either just short and inconsequential.

The highlight was the main event of Ric Flair and Arn Anderson vs The Hollywood Blondes. This was Ric Flair's return after two years away. The fans were going mad for him and Ric's energy was just amazing. Pillman and Austin were brilliant too. Aside from some excellent wrestling, I especially enjoyed Austin's pot-bellied duck walk Arn Anderson impression. I'd say this match was Austin's career highlight pre Stone Cold. How Eric Bischoff could have watched his performance here and not seen potential is beyond me.

Edited by Dudley Eastbank

Hulk Hogan vs. Sgt Slaughter (Desert Storm Match) (MSG 6/3/1991)

I remember the feud from when i was a kid (was only 10 at the time of this match), but i honestly don't remember this match at all TBH. Was browsing some matches/segments from the year and came across this. i know this whole angle gets mixed views, due to the nature of it all, but holy fuck this match is LEGIT. I may have watched in all the way back then and just forgot about it, as i do remember the feud of course, but this match just slipped my memory.

I do find their WM match quite underrated, but man, maybe this should happened at either WM or Summerslam TBH, instead of the match made in hell tag match. 

This is seriously a brilliant gimmick match. The sarge gets bloodies up, sells and bumps his fucking arse off all match, Hogan looks cool as fuck in his military gear going into this too. Just a wild match.

Oh, and this moment will now forever be etched in my mind as GLORIOUS:

download+(2).gif?format=500w

Certainly one of Hogan's best in WWF, IMO.

Hulk Hogan vs. Sgt Slaughter (Desert Storm Match) (MSG 6/3/1991)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xt1d0f_hulk-hogan-vs-sgt-slaughter-wwf-title-desert-storm-match_sport

I remember the feud from when i was a kid (was only 10 at the time of this match), but i honestly don't remember this match at all TBH. Was browsing some matches/segments from the year and came across this. i know this whole angle gets mixed views, due to the nature of it all, but holy fuck this match is LEGIT. I may have watched in all the way back then and just forgot about it, as i do remember the feud of course, but this match just slipped my memory.

I do find their WM match quite underrated, but man, maybe this should happened at either WM or Summerslam TBH, instead of the match made in hell tag match.

This is seriously a brilliant gimmick match. The sarge gets bloodies up, sells and bumps his fucking arse off all match, Hogan looks cool as fuck in his military gear going into this too. Just a wild match.

Oh, and this moment will now forever be etched in my mind as GLORIOUS:

download+(2).gif?format=500w

Certainly one of Hogan's best in WWF, IMO.

Yes! Couldn't agree more, watched this not long ago and it's a cracker. I'd seen pics of it over the years and always been intrigued, but as long time Power Slam and PWI readers will tell you pictures often make matches look better than they are. Not this match though, it's a brilliant brawl and one of my favourite matches from either man.

• 3 weeks later...

So I've just watched the network original "Authentic Untold Story of ECW" ... good grief TAZ looks massive ... as wide as he's tall ( & possibly as he's broad). All the panelists look great though, fantastic stories, funny & very warm toward each other.

A great little skit.