UFC at MSG

ColinBollocks

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Love the Wikipedia screenshot - amazing.

Yeah, Conor's timing is something else. You can see for that split second after Jeremy started talking that Conor knew who it was, but then decided what he was going to do and starts looking around a few times before dropping his line: "WTF? Where the hell is that voice coming from?"

• Paid Members

Slight OT, but is Conor ever getting that fight in Ireland? I seem to remember it being bandied about a year or so ago, but is that dead in the water now because he's too big a draw to put anywhere but the States?

He was asked about it during the Diaz build. He sat on the fence a bit by saying he'd love to make it happen, but is not sure it will because the money is in the States.

If McGregor really wanted it, he wouldn't be shy bringing it up. The fact he only talks about it when asked tells you he's not bothered right now.

• Paid Members

If Conor wins at UFC 205, I think his next (maybe last?) demand will be that Dublin show. He spoke about being sick of Vegas in the lead up to one of his last fights, feeling it was too far and too expensive for the Irish fans to keep coming. He specified that if he had his way he'd do New York, a much shorter flight for Irish fans, and then Dublin after that.

I think even the biggest doubters would now admit that they'd fill a stadium with ease. He's a fucking megastar.

Couldn't they do the same kind of thing they're doing with Bisping over here next month? Have a show on late for US TV? I'd imagine they could easily fill a stadium for something like that, no?

That strict curfews were/still are the issue, Dana said the authorities/council wouldn't let them put a show on late at night - let alone until 5am. And let's face it, Conor isn't fighting anywhere other than US prime time PPV anytime soon.

Sadly, I think that ship has long sailed due to his ever increasing stardom.

If Conor wins at UFC 205, I think his next (maybe last?) demand will be that Dublin show. He spoke about being sick of Vegas in the lead up to one of his last fights, feeling it was too far and too expensive for the Irish fans to keep coming. He specified that if he had his way he'd do New York, a much shorter flight for Irish fans, and then Dublin after that.

I think even the biggest doubters would now admit that they'd fill a stadium with ease. He's a fucking megastar.

This is not a dig, but did he actually say that about the fans? Or did he just say he doesn't want to go?

Last quote I saw was that he was excitied for 202 as there would be less Irish fans and he would be walking into the lions den.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't give a shit how far fans have to travel.

As for fight in Stadium, I doubt it very much as doesn't make as much money.

For example Ronda v Holm had 56,000 people with a gate of 5 million where as UFC 106 had 14,000 people with a 10 million gate.

Archived