UFC at MSG

ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

I really did feel sorry for Stephens, it was almost heart breaking seeing him crumble once Mcgregor retorted with that. That said, I fucking bust out laughing so loud I woke my 2 and half year old up at 11.45pm. By far the funniest part.

Alvarez to be fair handled Mcgregor's tirade better than most. He still can't compete with Mcgregor, but he at least laughed it off quite a bit.

On another note, it appears that after all that discussion regarding Mcgregor's negotiation tactics and the power struggles between the UFC and himself, it ended up being Alvarez who was the one holding up the announcement. 

Mcgregor agreed to the fight over 10 days ago, and it was Alvarez who wanted more money. As Herbie linked to Jeremy Botter's twitter post above, he was then told no he's not getting more money, and will have to fight Khabib instead. Eventually Alvarez caved and agreed to his current deal. 

Assuming Alvarez gets PPV points, he will still be in for a mega pay day, and when thinking about it, I think the UFC were right to hold him to his current deal. Whilst Diaz held a load of power in that he didn't need to fight, and held a win over Mcgregor too, Alvarez doesn't have that luxury. 

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Conor could make me excited about a new series of Mrs Browns Boys.

Let's not get to far ahead of ourselves Keith.

Conor could make me excited about a new series of Mrs Browns Boys.

Calm the fuck down.

You're right, lads. Got a wee bit excited there!

Are they fan made or genuine?

They are absolutely gorgeous, the first in particular.

I've just watched a 'Conors best bits' video from the press conference, and that Jeremy Stephens bit was both heartbreaking and hilarious. Heartbreaking because he looked so pleased with himself when he spoke up and then looked a bizarre, ruddy combination of gutted and panicked when he realised he was in way over his head. Like a pissed bloke who'd stumbled upon a conversation about Brexit, mumbled something about 'bloody foreigners' and then found out he was amongst political scholars and had no business there.

Sad.

• Paid Members

The posters are fan made, a guy on twitter called @BossLogic released them. Gorgeous, aren't they? Everyone has gone nuts for them on Twitter, including Ariel Helwani, telling UFC to give him a job. It reminded me, whatever happened to NickTheFace? Didn't he end up getting a job with an MMA company? I miss his videos. They were incredible.

Someone brilliant changed Jeremy Stephen's record on Wikipedia...

IMG_7215_zpsma9dnmdx.jpg

Conor's destruction of Stephens was even featured on Jimmy Kimmell last night, proving how mainstream Conor has become, but most tragic of all is that Stephens has tried to mount a comeback, hours after the fact. Check it out.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/9/28/13101368/ufc-news-stephens-responds-mcgregor-ill-mop-the-floor-with-that-little-ginger-crackhead?utm_campaign=bloodyelbow&utm_content=entry&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Conor McGregor and Jeremy Stephens went on a little back-and-forth tirade during Tuesday’s UFC 205 pre-fight presser in New York City. And as expected when going against a talker like McGregor, things did not end well for "Lil' Heathen," who immediately got shut down.

Hours after the presser had ended, Stephens went on the FOX Sports procast to speak about his brief encounter with "The Notorious." The number seven-ranked featherweight contender says things were the exact opposite when they went backstage.

"I'm not sure what that firecrotch said. I couldn't really hear at the presser, it doesn't really matter," Stephens explained. "I went backstage and that little leprechaun wanted no part of it. He locks himself in a room. Talks a big fictional character up but didn't want to back it up. He's locked in a little room."

Stephens volunteered himself as the "real hardest hitting 145er," which ignited the the verbal jabs with McGregor. Down the line, he is still hopeful that a scrap against the Irishman would come to fruition.

"Hopefully he'll step up to the plate and fight a real savage like me. You know I'll mop the floor with that little ginger crackhead any day. 'Til then, I'll be fighting Frankie Edgar, November 12, MSG."

Heartbreaking.

• Paid Members

That's tremendous.

I sadly can't stop watching the original clip though. What makes it even more brilliant is Mcgregor's reaction before he even delivers those crushing lines. Stephens starts piping up and Mcgregor has this genuine look of having no clue where the fuck it's coming from. The comic timing is brilliant as he looks left and right a couple of times and then proceeds to crush Stephens.

Archived