UFC at MSG

ColinBollocks

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

How much is the trip setting you back roughly, Paul?

I'd fucking love to go to a show like this.

Worst thing is I probably could've swung it if we hadn't already booked our Vancouver trip. We're going to Vancouver this week to see my aunt and cousins. And it's where I proposed at Christmas in 2012 so it'll be nice to revisit there now we've had our daughter.

But I'd be lying if I said I'm not gutted we never waited and booked a NYC trip instead. My wife loves New York as well and has always wanted to go there so it'd have been easy as fuck for me to sell the idea to her. But I had to open my stupid mouth and suggest going to see my Vancouver folks again. We could've gone to NY and it'd have not only got me in the enemy's good books, I could've gone to 205 as well! Bastard.

I actually think that we may see the McGregor stadium show in Ireland once he's finished with the UFC. 

He could find an opponent who isn't under contract, or work a co-promotion with Bellator or something, set it up like a traditional boxing card.

Anyone else going to this event?

Yep, I'll be there. Better be worth the price!

You only live once, I paid $600 each plus the crazy fees. I can pay that for Conor or Ronda not sure I would for anyone else.

Did $1k each for lower bowl.  Moment of madness.

How much is the trip setting you back roughly, Paul?

I'd fucking love to go to a show like this.

Worst thing is I probably could've swung it if we hadn't already booked our Vancouver trip. We're going to Vancouver this week to see my aunt and cousins. And it's where I proposed at Christmas in 2012 so it'll be nice to revisit there now we've had our daughter.

But I'd be lying if I said I'm not gutted we never waited and booked a NYC trip instead. My wife loves New York as well and has always wanted to go there so it'd have been easy as fuck for me to sell the idea to her. But I had to open my stupid mouth and suggest going to see my Vancouver folks again. We could've gone to NY and it'd have not only got me in the enemy's good books, I could've gone to 205 as well! Bastard.

We are flying out the Tuesday before and heading back Sunday.  Decided to stay within walking distance of Madison Square Garden as we are going to New York Rangers and New York Knicks games also.

The flights aren't too bad, it's the hotels across pretty much all of New York that whack the price up.  Return direct flights and 5 nights for 2 of us set us back around £1,850.

Edit - thinking about it - the £1,850 includes return shuttle from the airport to the hotel; and also Statue of Liberty and Empire State Building tours.  If we stripped that out, flight and hotel was around £1,720.

Yeah I'm going too.  I went to 200 - which in hindsight - was a letdown - so hope this one doesn't follow the same.  

Tickets were similar to 200 - around 1000 USD for lower tier.   IT certainly doesn't come cheap. 

I'm flying from Sydney. Spending 7 nights in NYC, got mates form the UK coming for 3 nights.  Another mate of mine is an MMA journo so hope to get along to some pre-fightness with him.

Any tips for solo travelling in NYC, anyone? I was tempted to head out to Washington DC for a day, not sure if its too short a trip to be spending hours on buses / trains though. And I imagine I have far too much to do in NYC to fit it all in anyway... 

I'm also off to UFC Melbourne two weeks later! Anyone in the market for a kidney? 

I'd love to go to New York but I can't imagine myself doing much else other than alternating between eating gigantic delicious meals and then shitting out said meals to make room for more gigantic delicious meals. Not sure there'd be time for the UFC......

• 1 month later...

I'd love to go to New York but I can't imagine myself doing much else other than alternating between eating gigantic delicious meals and then shitting out said meals to make room for more gigantic delicious meals. Not sure there'd be time for the UFC......

Not a million miles from the truth.  Feel fat as fuck after returning home this morning. 

But NYC was amazing.  Crammed loads in during the week and only scratched the surface.  UFC NYC was fucking great too. Well worth the hole I've burned in my bank account - can't say the same for the trip to Vegas tbh. 

Archived