Jump to content

All Purpose Weather Moaning Thread (hot weather is class)


Recommended Posts

  • Awards Moderator
Posted
5 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Don't make out like you don't want to join us.

I’d have given you a shout had I not been straight back on the train. Probably for the best that I didn’t, mind, because that heat/suit/underground combo has left me looking like Brock Lesnar after a week of tantric sex. I hope they’ve got deodorant and defibrillators on this train. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
14 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

I’d have given you a shout had I not been straight back on the train. Probably for the best that I didn’t, mind, because that heat/suit/underground combo has left me looking like Brock Lesnar after a week of tantric sex. I hope they’ve got deodorant and defibrillators on this train. 

Ah, no worries, man. Will be here for your celebratory party when Ancelotti comes to Palace.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Summer is dog shit at my work. The air con is broken and always has been but they're too cheap to fix it, not a single window on the building opens, and as is summer tradition the bosses stocked the fridges up on Ice Lollies except this year they decided to charge for them but the money goes to charity, so if you buy your own you'll look a cock.

We got a handful of mini desk fans from the pound shop but they just blow warm air. One of the managers bought some proper Dyson fans but there's about 2 for our entire floor and sure enough one got plonked right on the manager's desk.

It's horrific, we got as far as Tuesday before the manager had to inform us there is no law that states a maximum temperature an office can be so fuck us, we can melt.

  • Moderators
Posted

Man, as much as I love the heat, my baby does not. I'm really glad right now that the previous owners of this house put aircon in their bedroom... Was an absolute godsend being able to cool the bedroom down before bringing her up; she's been really unsettled this evening.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Man, as much as I love the heat, my baby does not. I'm really glad right now that the previous owners

Chest, my heart leapt out of my, erm, chest when I read that.  Teach me to skim read.

  • Paid Members
Posted

This is supposed to be a weather moaning thread so all you dreadful herberts who like this sweltering hell can arse off and do your own thread.

  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

Going to be edging 30 degrees over the next few days.

As a night shift worker i'm not looking forward to trying to sleep on Monday when it's forecast to be 28.

Don't suppose anyone knows how noisy these fans Tesco sell are?

  • Paid Members
Posted

I don't know how noisy those particular fans are but personally, I find the sound of the two fans I have on at night at the moment great. It's like white noise I can sleep right through, drowning out the sounds of violence and despair outside my block.

  • Paid Members
Posted

It’s been fucking hell in work this week.  Smelly bastards have been amped up a thousand fold.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I won't deny to being a little ponging yesterday after having run out of deodorant in the morning and not wanting to put some on after I'd already sweated a whole lot because that just makes it worse.

I could have used the roll on deodorant that FIVE people ended up sharing at work yesterday. No. Sorry. You do not share roll on deodorant with anyone other that your significant other and even then only in a pinch.

Edited by SpursRiot2012
Posted

Theres a real chance I'm gonna die of heat exhaustion tomorrow, expected to be 29 degrees and I work in a shop (that I won't name) that rarely puts aircon on on the shop floor and doesn't allow staff to have access to hand of water on the floor (it has to be kept by the stairwell/lift where it runs risk of a) going warm and b) being binned by dopey cleaners, and even then staff can't be allowed to leave the floor to go take a sip)

  • Paid Members
Posted

I work as a probation officer so my 'clients' don't smell the best in our usual tepid Irish  weather anyway, but this week has been something else pong wise. Auld lad turned up this morning and he smelled like a combination of rancid piss, the worst BO you can imagine and just the faintest hint of shite, the heat seems to magnify all these x 100, The waft of stale cider off his breath when he leaned in when answering questions was a blessed relief in comparison to his other aroma. Said to the manager about buying some cheap deodorants and whatever and leaving them in the waiting area for lads to take, but he said they tried that a few years ago but had to stop as some of the folks were trying to inhale it like they would with cans of lighter fluid. The winter can't come soon enough!

Posted

I was actually shocked by what i believe was the most upbeat weather forecast i have ever heard on the radio, early this week! 

It went something like this " Today ( Monday ) will be a very hot day throughout the entire UK , with no change in sight until at least a week on Tuesday" !!!!! That's 8 solid days of nationwide optimism, followed by a now updated forecast of more nice weather to carry on from that Tuesday onwards! I have next week off work, so don't even have to worry about my bollocks sticking to my legs :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...