Jump to content

All Purpose Weather Moaning Thread (hot weather is class)


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

You mardy bunch of tarts.

Says Captain Aircon over there across the pond, luxuriating in his American palace of cooled splendour. 

Edited by Gus Mears
Posted

I had no complaints about the weather over the weekend, since I went to a barbecue on Saturday and even went swimming in the sea on Sunday. Today though is a different matter, because having to do manual labour in the sweltering heat sucks a big one.

  • Paid Members
Posted
44 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

Says Captain Aircon over there across the pond, luxuriating in his American palace of cooled splendour. 

To be fair, we've got them both (bedroom and living room AC) banging out full cold, if you stand in the middle of it you can pretend you're at Ice Station Zebra. Downside is when you have to go down four flights of stairs through what feels like soup to get a package — I've been back in the igloo for an hour and I'm still not over it. Just remember me when it's 38 degrees and 90% humidity, and I'm cycling back from work.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Local paper did the classic "is it hot enough to fry an egg" story, but the idiots tried it in a pan rather than on a car bonnet. Amateurs.

  • Paid Members
Posted
5 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

It was down to 18C today. It felt so good. Apparently it will be right back up again by the weekend, but I'm going to enjoy these next couple of days

Where is the paradise in which you live? It was topping 30 here.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Yep, 30 today and apparently 34 tomorrow. The repair guy came into work today to fix the air con on our floor as the part finally arrived...turns out he needs another part first. Get to fuck you fucking fuck. Tomorrow I'm going to migrate to the floor above and work there. Can't work in this heat with no air con, it's borderline Chinese torture.

Aside from working in conditions that violate human rights, I'm on Team Chest and fully support Betty Swollocks weather. Don't @ me.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Man, I remember when I was lucky enough to work in an air-conditioned building. Now I work for a small business, USB desk fan is all I got. 

  • Members
Posted

Shout out to all fellow glasses wearers out there in this heat. Try not to wear contacts too much so the last couple of days have been hell.

Football last night was fucking torture. Never will I complain about football players playing shit in mega heat. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
39 minutes ago, W35ty said:

I got really bad sunburn Sunday causing my ankels to swell up so i'm unable to walk.

What were you doing exactly? Sticking your feet out of the window? 

  • Paid Members
Posted

33 degrees in North London right now. I've got two USB desk fans on the go, they don't do shit. My boss has gone off for a "business lunch" and there are mutinous rumblings among the staff about it surely not being legal to have to work in this heat.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...