Jump to content

All Purpose Weather Moaning Thread (hot weather is class)


Recommended Posts

Posted

By all accounts there was a thunder storm last night here, but I slept right through it. it is definitely less humid than it was last night, it's still going to hit about 22 degrees later.

  • Paid Members
Posted

We've just had thunderstorms. Doesn't stop it from being warm though, we tend to get this after we have a couple of days of heat for the first time in a while.

  • Paid Members
Posted

We had one of the worst thunderstorms I've ever witnessed at about 4am. Flashes of lightning every 5 seconds or so for a good 20-25 minutes.

Now it's miserable as fuck outside. I miss the sunburn weather.

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 hours ago, Slapnut said:

We had one of the worst thunderstorms I've ever witnessed at about 4am. Flashes of lightning every 5 seconds or so for a good 20-25 minutes.

That sounds awesome. I love a good thunderstorm with great streaks of forked lightning.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Ralphy said:

I used to work outside too, as a gardener, i guess you have your pa1 and pa6 then? im looking into doing it, but indeed, having to wear a full CSI get up while doing it really puts me off! 

Yeah I have my PA1 and PA6, you can get away with shorts under the paper suit and don't bother wearing the nitrile gauntlets if it's too fucking hot. You don't really need to wear wellies when you do it either, to be honest I don't wear the gear most of the time, it's only on certain sites where they are shit hot on health and safety.

Apparently there was a massive thunderstorm here last night. I woke up to people who had posted vids on facebook of the storm, I slept through the entire thing. Apparently there was over 2,000 thunder strikes last night.

Edited by Rey_Piste
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Slapnut said:

We had one of the worst thunderstorms I've ever witnessed at about 4am. Flashes of lightning every 5 seconds or so for a good 20-25 minutes.

Now it's miserable as fuck outside. I miss the sunburn weather.

Are you still in Caerphilly? 

That Storm early hours of Saturday morning was frankly amazing. It was lighting up the whole of Caerphilly mountain. Well worth being woken up by the cat for. 

Edited by Silky Kisser
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

I've got two fans on in my bedroom and they're barely helping. Going to be even hotter tomorrow. 

I can't believe I moved into a brand new building and they didn't bother to install air conditioning. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I haven't been down on this weather at all, and I still won't, but the air conditioning in the office not fucking working is taking the right piss. No breeze coming through the window either, so I am melting away like the witch in Oz.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Its been 32 degrees in our office today. Doesn't help that the coolers in the server room have broken and the hot air is being pushed out in to the office. Dreading trying to get to sleep tonight in this heat.

  • Members
Posted

Playing football in this heat in an hour, that'll be fun!!!

Yep, air con is gone in our office too. We have fans from I think 1991, and they stink and I'm sitting there soaking wet. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

According to the local paper we are experiencing MONDAY MELTDOWN. 

Sadly no alliterative action for tomorrow as of yet.

Yeah, this is plainly total bollocks. I won't have the Chest's of this world try and force heat-based happiness unto me while I'm having to change boxers with this level of startling frequency.

Edited by Gus Mears

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...