Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

That's what I did. Bought two Pokeballs with characters online for in-store collection, he brought me two Pikachu ones. How very presumptuous of him to think I'd want two of the same. Then he has to go through the store for 10 mins to find the rest. Didn't have the other one I really wanted to get my son, so made do with a Growlithe. Might e-mail them to see if they can deliver the one I want to the store so I can swap. But fuck me, what a palaver. No need for this in 2017.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

Took the entirely sensible decision that apart from maybe going to the wrestling on Sunday as I planned it weeks ago even though I feel crap to try and stick this job out until December 30th and save as much as possible and then look to move as early as I can in the new year. 

Tried being at home and doing the working thing but between the incredibly tough hours (I've been getting up at 4 to start work at 5.15 for 10/11 hour days) the fact customers made me cry twice yesterday and that I'm coming home to just sleep or drink by myself as I see very few people that still live back in my home city it's severely affecting my mental health now to the point I'm having to stop myself from going to a dark place and self harming again which my family seems to assume I'm just having a bad day and it'll be fine tomorrow. 

Save money (should have about 1500 saved by December 30th) find a job anywhere really in the UK (though definitely looking at Cardiff, Bristol, Bath or Wolverhampton) and get onto spare room and find a place to live. 

Not letting myself get to 25 and feel isolated, depressed and that I can't be myself in the place I live just to please my family (they've become quite "oh its lovely having everyone here" since my nephew was born. Before that I could go days without hearing from anyone). Having to make some tougher choices there. 

Edited by Shy Dad

• Paid Members

I went to have my after surgery cast changed to a more solid, though lighter cast, that'll see me through the next four weeks today. My block of flats had just been cleaned so the lift and floors were all wet as I made my way down to the cab. Of course my crutches slipped and my broken leg bounced off the solid floor. The postman heard me effing and blinding about that. They gave me an xray in the hospital just to be sure nothing had been damaged, but they said it's healing well. I'll have the special boot put on on the 13th of December, the day before I go to Oslo. 

I'm terrible at using crutches and am exhausted after five minutes or so, so I expect I won't be doing much of anything until I get the boot. Which means I'll miss most of the rest of this term at uni and a few things we had booked to do in the lead up to Christmas. But it can't be helped. I do not trust getting on the tube into central London during the Christmas period with a broken leg. No way. 

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

I went to have my after surgery cast changed to a more solid, though lighter cast, that'll see me through the next four weeks today. My block of flats had just been cleaned so the lift and floors were all wet as I made my way down to the cab. Of course my crutches slipped and my broken leg bounced off the solid floor. The postman heard me effing and blinding about that. They gave me an xray in the hospital just to be sure nothing had been damaged, but they said it's healing well. I'll have the special boot put on on the 13th of December, the day before I go to Oslo. 

I'm terrible at using crutches and am exhausted after five minutes or so, so I expect I won't be doing much of anything until I get the boot. Which means I'll miss most of the rest of this term at uni and a few things we had booked to do in the lead up to Christmas. But it can't be helped. I do not trust getting on the tube into central London during the Christmas period with a broken leg. No way. 

It’s your lucky day:

75F32B34-A701-4289-AD77-C9ACAD6BB950.png

• Paid Members

Quit my job today after a customer made me cry in front of everyone by squaring up and arguing with me that a steak bake had been correctly placed in the counter. Literally made to feel worthless for 40p.

Went to a pub because going home with my thoughts would be dangerous for my health, home now, I'm so fucking worthless I fucking hate how I am.

Don't let a dickhead customer get you down mate, people are arseholes, they are pathetic losers who take their shit out on others cos they are angry with themselves, they are bullies mate, I am glad you didn't do anything stupid, maybe take a day or 2 to calm down, get your thoughts together and if you don't want to go back there then fair enough, your safety comes first.

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Quit my job today after a customer made me cry in front of everyone by squaring up and arguing with me that a steak bake had been correctly placed in the counter. Literally made to feel worthless for 40p.

Went to a pub because going home with my thoughts would be dangerous for my health, home now, I'm so fucking worthless I fucking hate how I am.

I walked out of a job I hated with nothing else to go to 15 years ago, was unemployed for the first time in my adult life and (in hindsight) it was the best thing I ever did. It might not feel like it now and it might feel shitty for a little bit of time but just remember you'll never have to feel that shitty again. Life is too short to be treated like that (and to hate yourself.) Take a couple of days and think about if you want to go back. If you do, great. If you don't its not the end of the world and can be the start of something better. Just make sure you don't beat yourself up over it or bottle things up, theres plenty of people on here that are always happy to chat.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Shy Dad said:

Where the hell was your manager when this was going on?  Guy was an arsehole, he’s the worthless one.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

Keep your chin up, pal. Don't let some fuckwit you don't know or care about make you feel like shit. Guy sounds the one worth fuck all. Hope you can do something that makes you happy and the world will look brighter tomorrow.