Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

I have'nae bought myself a single item of clothing in what must be around four or five years I reckon, i've had things bought for me, but i'm so apathetic towards fashion and have a body shape that makes anything decent look shite and ill fitting I just can't be arsed with how miserable it feels to try on something that looks great on the mannequin and loathe what I see in the mirror.

That said.Ā  I'll be landing this fucker for Christmas.Ā Ā 

gptr,1400x,front,black-c,188,133,1000,10

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

There's a new caretaker at work, and he sounds exactly like the barber from the Armando Iannucci Shows.

Next time you have a head ache ask him if he has any pain killers, then read the back of the box and loudly proclaim ā€œClangers Testicles?ā€

Ā 

On a different note I heard one bloke explain how a particular online betting payout system works to his mate today:

ā€The jackpot is in euros, but if you win, ya naa, it gans in your banks as coinā€.

I hope part of the bexit deal is that we officially change our currency to ā€˜coinā€™.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

Been in my new job for a week. Everyone is a fucking angel, like genuinely hit it off straight away with nearly everyone on the first conversation. Money's gonna be tight until the end of Jan but I should be going to ATTACK Saturday in Cardiff, I've managed to get out and walk about every day even when I'm feeling shit and I'm currently on a great routine where I take a photo every day of things that are awesome. SoĀ when I eventually drop I'll remember how much fun I had the day before.Ā 

Joined a gym and shed some fat already before Christmas too. Eating healthier feeling better and tempted to start doing stand up comedy again and maybe look at using my degrees to go into a PhD (long shot) or promote some wrestling or music gigs (likely) when finances are a little more secure.Ā 

All I need to do is meet a potential other half and I've literally ticked off everything I wanted to fix in my life in a year in like 2 months.Ā 

Wow, that's absolutely brilliant! Ā I know it's one of the most difficult things to do, but be very of yourself and give yourself a Barry Horowitz style pat on the back!

The photo thing is a great idea, it gets me all creative and out of the house.

• Paid Members

Great work Dad, glad to see things are getting better for you.

Why I'm looking at Michael Winner's Wikipedia page at 09:10 in the morning, I don't know, but I enjoyed the following

In September 2011, Winner was also admitted to hospital with food poisoning after eatingĀ steak tartare, a raw meat dish, four days in a row. The dish is not recommended for those with a weak immune system and in retrospect Winner regarded his decision to eat it as "stupid".[21]

Reminds me of that Simpson's scene with Bleeding Gums Murphy having a Faberge Egg addiction; 'Just one more steak tatare, I promise'.Ā 

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members

I normally wait till at least 11:00 to look at Winner's page. Chaining steak tartare seems like the act of a desperate man, I imagine by day three you've either sicked up days one and two, or you didn't manage to finish day two, and carried it over to day three, warm. Total no-no. Still, that makes his 77 years into a heroic knock, if this behaviour is anything to go by.