Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, D@mm said:

Back in the day Keith was funny, oh wait nah that never happened.

You're not suggesting we should take your word on things that didn't happen, are you?

• Paid Members

I experienced the very worst pain in all my life tonight. I was walking up a hill after a fireworks display, the hill was muddy. My leg went out from under me and broke in three places. You guys remember how Sids leg looked that time? It was like that. 

They pumped me full of ketamine and sedated me to put the leg in plaster but I need an operation tomorrow to fix it. Laid up for 6-8 weeks. Not my favourite night ever. I'm begging them for sleeping pills at the minute otherwise I don't see myself being able to get any kip. God, this hurts. 

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

Alexandra Palace fireworks. I had a lot of well meaning people trying to help me wait for the medics to bring gas and a (fairly drunk GP) giving her expertise as well. I couldn't believe there was people taking pictures and video of it though. Now I'm on people's instagram. 

They're gonna put a whole bunch of metal in my leg, apparently. 

Horrible stuff Riot.  I broke my leg just above the ankle at an ICW show back in 2012 by slipping of a step. Wasn't funny at the time but when I fell some wise guy threw up X sign like a WWE ref. That amuses me now.

I had surgery to get a plate and screws holding my ankle and leg together. I was off my feet for about 8 weeks but could work from home on bits and pieces plus I had great Ts and Cs in my job at that time so that took a load of stress off.

Doesn't give me any bother at all now although I haven't played 5 a side since. 

Edited by MungoChutney