ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

An interesting part of last nights Rogan MMA Show was the discussion of GSP. John Danaher goes into detail about GSP's comeback and just how ill he is and was during the build up to the fight.

Pretty mad how good he looked, when you consider how terrible his fight camp was and how his body was treating him on fight day. GSP is something else.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

Danaher is such an oddball. He's pure Bond villain. I like him though. I can agree with whoever said he comes off dickish at times but I find him interesting to listen to. And he can't be that bad a guy when two of the most likeable men in the sport - GSP and Matt Serra - love the bloke and can't speak highly enough of him. 

Whenever I hear Danaher's name the first thing I think of is when Matt Serra said he was training for the second fight with Chris Lytle and Danaher came to him all excited at practice one day saying 'Matt, I've been watching Chris Lytle tapes like a fiend'. *

Like a fiend. 

* Ha, I found the video of Serra on about it. Skip to around 3:45;

And around 2:00 for Serra thinking he's hit someone's car while parking. "COCKSUCKA! FUCK! COCKSUCKA! WHAT THE FUCK, MAN? :laugh: 

Edited by wandshogun09

• 1 year later...
12 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Why not just do it at Welterweight? 

Theres no chance GSP goes down to lightweight for that fight and Khabib knows it.

Why should Khabib go up 15lbs though? He's a natural lightweight, so surely 160lbs catchweight is where it should be, no?

• Paid Members

I'll be absolutely gutted if we don't get to see Georges out there again. When he left the first time I thought for sure he would be back one day. After the Bisping fight, I again thought he wouldn't be finished, just that it would be a waiting game. There are so many big fights left out there for him, and the vast majority of those I would either favour GSP, or feel that he's as likely to win the fight as the opponent. There are almost no possible opponents he could have that I feel he would be an obvious underdog against. 

Fair play to GSP. He's the GOAT and I don't think it's really that much of a debate. All the other contenders have question marks, either over the competition, their drug tests, certain losses on the résumé etc. With GSP he won and defended the belt over and over again (winning a championship on three different occasions) he cleaned out his division several times over, and avenged his only two losses in convincing, devastating fashion. If he gets out of the game with the health and wealth that he has, then he's a glowing example for how to do everything perfectly. It's only for my selfish reasons as a fan that I would love to watch him again, but at the same time I'll be delighted for the great man. 

27 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Because he walks around at 210lbs.

I'd heard it was 195lbs to be honest, but still, why would he want to go up to a weight class he's never fought at to fight someone much bigger than him who's a strong grappler? That would be insane.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, David said:

I'd heard it was 195lbs to be honest, but still, why would he want to go up to a weight class he's never fought at to fight someone much bigger than him who's a strong grappler? That would be insane.

Thing is, I'd still give Nurmagomedov a chance against most guys bigger than him - his sheer strength and wrestling ability make him an absolute tank, not to mention that wrestling seems to be a discipline that, to a certain degree, negates height advantage.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, David said:

Why should Khabib go up 15lbs though? He's a natural lightweight, so surely 160lbs catchweight is where it should be, no?

Is he? He looks close to death when he weighs in and is a tiramisu away from missing weight at all times.