ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

Fair fucks to Bisping, really. Guy's a grafter, and the shit he gets for "ducking" Romero is absolute rubbish. He's the British Rocky, and I hope he gets those big money matches to pay for that cinematic sunset he can walk off into.

Also, he's a fairly good commentator; I'd like to see someone give him a job behind the announce desk, whether it's the UFC or Bellator.

21 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

In a shocking move, Dana has changed his mind. Bisping v GSP is back on!

Good news. I had little interest in Whittaker v Bisping. 

Honestly, the guy is a tit. He changes his mind based on raw emotion frequently. I wouldn't be surprised if we see it all changed again the next time Dana goes in the huff over something.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, David said:

Honestly, the guy is a tit. He changes his mind based on raw emotion frequently. I wouldn't be surprised if we see it all changed again the next time Dana goes in the huff over something.

As true as that is, his post fight presser comments about it were hilarious:

Reporter: "Dana, just wondering with yesterday you saying the Bisping GSP fight has sailed and today obviously that being switched ..."

Dana: "That ship turned around and fucking sailed back!"

Reporter: "I was just wondering if you could clarify exactly when that decision was made"

Dana: "Fucking round 5!"

:p (12 mins 40 seconds):

Edited by Chunk

Yeah, he's amusing to watch, but the guy is a moron. Talk about having the right friends in life? Dana's the number one example of that. If he wasn't buddies with the Fertitta's he'd likely have been drummed out of the management business long ago and be half the size he is now without his HGH expenses budget.

• Paid Members

If we assume that Bisping's only got 2 fights left like he's saying, I'm actually hoping GSP beats him in November. 

If Bisping beats GSP then he remains champ and will have to defend against Robert Whittaker in his retirement fight. 

If he loses to GSP though, the belt is no longer an obstacle and it clears the path for that Bisping vs Romero fight. 

Usually I'd be fully backing Bisping but... Come on, Georges! 

Both GSP & Bisping want to fight, Whittaker is injured and Dana said at the pre fight press conference that he was meeting GSP's people, they might have said he wants big money fights and isn't interested in fighting Woodley or Maia as both don't draw and if it's headlining MSG. You can't put Woodley anywhere near the main event, they can stick him back in with Lawler and he'll at least attempt to fight and Woodley might be able to rehab himself a bit.

• Paid Members

If Bisping knew his next fights were going to be GSP, Whittaker OR Romero (Depending on whether he was to win or lose against GSP) and then Belfort, I definitely think he may up the two fight idea to being willing to do three. Should he defend the belt twice though then he's not dropping the belt just to fight Belfort. 

• Paid Members

It says a lot about Bisping that he's got so many options for his final few fights. After the GSP fight, if he's only got a handful left,   I'd love to see him get his revenge on Vitor, have the grudge match with Romero, or the ultimate dream fight with Nick Diaz.

I've seen a lot of comments describing the GSP vs. Bisping fight as something, "no-one wants to see." I honestly don't understand. It's by far the best option. It was super disheartening when it looked like he was going to have to face Whittaker. That's a fight I didn't want to see.

13 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I've seen a lot of comments describing the GSP vs. Bisping fight as something, "no-one wants to see."

That same section of fans said the same thing about Tito Ortiz vs. Ken Shamrock II. They said that fight was a fight nobody wanted to see. It then went and drew 775,000 buys on PPV.

Edited by Noah Southworth

• Paid Members

I want to see Bisping vs GSP but I'm still really not feeling it as this amazing superfight type thing. It's a cool fight, I like the dynamic between them and I'm happy for Bisping that he's going to get that payday but I wouldn't be crushed if it never happened. It's just not one of them for me. 

Bisping vs Romero is way more interesting for me. There's just more to that one and after seeing Yoel struggle in certain areas against Whittaker, I think the actual fight is more interesting now as well. I don't see it as the surefire slaughter I did before. 

Even from a buildup perspective, Bisping vs Romero smokes Bisping vs GSP for me. It's genuine dislike whereas I already know Bisping and GSP like each other. I'm going to know that anything Bisping says to GSP is solely to sell the fight and probably not genuine. It'll still be entertaining but there's only so much of Bisping calling him a lizard and GSP trotting out his fucking 'stock market' MMA NASDAQ line of patter that I can be arsed with. The Romero thing is a different animal. 

• Paid Members

I was quite sad when Whittaker won, because he's the least interesting Bisping opponent, in all aspects. Super dull guy that I see just completely blitzing Bisping. With all the other options, you can see Bisping having a chance, plus they're not nothing personalities. Right after that fight showed you exactly how the build would go, with Bisping trying to get something going and Whittaker just standing there grinning like a tit.

I'm mostly pleased because it probably means Bisping will finally get a massive pay day off his PPV points. Plus, I fancy GSP's chances, so we'll probably get Yoel & Ray The Translator v Bisping.