Sign in to follow this  
ColinBollocks

GSP!

Truth is, he can't really do much more for his legacy. Another big fight would have been well cool, but there comes a point where you'll come unstuck.

You look at the way things have unfolded for people like BJ and Silva in the last 5 years, you appreciate just how well GSP has timed all this.

He's probably my favourite fighter ever. Folk seem to downplay his greatness because he didn't finish enough fighters, but that's always seemed silly to me when you look at the quality he faced and the manner with which he usually dominated. He's theĀ Garry Kasparov of MMA; a grandmaster with seemingly always the correct game plan to nullify his opponent and take command.

Thankfully also made a load of money during his career too. Lennox Lewis would be proud.

Also, GSP confirmed that KhabibĀ and his team agreed to fight but the UFC were not remotely arsed about booking it, despite several tries. Dana clearly has an issue with him, which makes you love GSP that little bit more.

Edited by ColinBollocks

In my eyes, he's the best to ever do it.

I only got into MMA/UFC mid-2015, so his performance against Hendricks was years back at my jumping in point, but after trawling through Fight Pass to catch up on this guy, who was seemingly touted as one of the all-time greats, I was taken aback at just how good he was. Not just in one faucet, but he was incredibleĀ everywhere.Ā His wrestling, striking and ground game was nigh-on impeccable, and he was consistently beating fantastic fighters, convincingly. The complete definition of a guy you'd want as the figurehead of your MMA promotion. I couldn't be happier that he's played the game and won it.

i havent really been bothered by the announcement, GSP's been away from the game for so long that ive considered him retired for a long time. The Bisping thing always felt like a one off to me.

Still, its made headlines and theres no doubt that he's one of, if not the GOAT in MMA.

57 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

Not just in one faucet

Yeah, there was definitely more than one tap in GSPā€™s career.Ā