ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

Pleased for Bisping. Sucks for Yoel, of course. He doesn't deserve to be Maia'd.

Yoel is a cheating git. Sod him. He'll still be relevant when Bisping / GSP is done.

Any word on the title being on the line?

Edited by Chunk

• Paid Members

bbc three signed a deal with the ufc. They pretty much report the majority of major headlines along with pbp of their major events.

Personally I'm genuinely not arsed about the fight. Style wise it isn't the most exciting of match ups and I can't even see Bisping talking trash to GSP.

• Paid Members

GSP entered the bookies odds as favourite & Bisping is (was?) evens. Anyone else surprised at that? I expected fans to favour GSP but I think they're good odds to whack a tenner on Bisping.

Risk a tenner to make one? Might as well just leave it alone.

May as well never place a bet then.

• Paid Members

bbc three signed a deal with the ufc. They pretty much report the majority of major headlines along with pbp of their major events.

Personally I'm genuinely not arsed about the fight. Style wise it isn't the most exciting of match ups and I can't even see Bisping talking trash to GSP.

Kind of the same, in truth. Although Bisping and GSP are both good at the hype game, so I expect that to change come fight night.

GSP entered the bookies odds as favourite & Bisping is (was?) evens. Anyone else surprised at that? I expected fans to favour GSP but I think they're good odds to whack a tenner on Bisping.

You're not wrong; I'm planning of sticking a few notes on Bisping. The odds for Bisping are pretty wild, considering he's the champion, it's MMA, Bisping is on a 5 match win streak, it's taking place at MW and GSP has had a long layoff.

• Paid Members

Bisping has the reach & GSP has the wrestling. Bisping's anti-wrestling is amongst the best in the game. I think it'll go the full 5 rounds with Bisping jabbing his way to a points victory after frustrating St Pierre by repeatedly stuffing his takedowns/promptly getting back up.

However, given my history on MMA betting this likely means GSP by flying kick KO in the 1st.

• Paid Members

If Bisping beats GSP, he will have gone from being an ageing 34 fight veteran, without a single win over a top 3 ranked opponent, to having these names on his resume.

Anderson Silva - Consensus ranked top 3 of all time. 

Luke Rockhold - Current best Middleweight in the World, at a time where the Middleweight division is arguably at its best ever. 

Dan Henderson - Consensus ranked top 10 of all time (perhaps even top 5)

GSP - Consensus ranked top 3 of all time. 

Obviously, there is a lot of context to consider. However, it is still an amazing story regardless.

it's amazing when you think of it. Bisping could not have written a better script to end his career. If he wins this fight, and retires as champion it'll be incredible.

• Paid Members

It's like the universe decided "You've put in a shift, so here you go. Oh, sorry about the eye thing". GSP is probably my favourite fighter ever, but I'm hoping Bisping gets the win here. I also hope he fights one of the contenders before packing it in, should he remain champion. That way folk won't throw the daft "see, he's avoiding people" argument against his time on top, seeing as Bisping has a long history of being game.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

The GSP fight is for the 185lb title though isn't it? If Bisping loses, the Yoel fight goes up in smoke.

Oh, just letting you know guys. If GSP loses, I'll be in the process of moving house. Tidy.

Edited by Silky Kisser

• Paid Members

I truly don't fancy GSP's chances against most of the top Middleweights, even if he makes it past Bisping. Most of the top 5 are bigger and superior wrestlers - we saw with his last fight that GSP can struggle if he's in there with a strong, excellent wrestler, with good stand up. A freak like Yoel is a nightmare for him.

• Paid Members

The GSP fight is for the 185lb title though isn't it? If Bisping loses, the Yoel fight goes up in smoke.

Oh, just letting you know guys. If GSP loses, I'll be in the process of moving house. Tidy.

Good point. I keep thinking it's not for the belt.