Who are "Your Boys"?

WyattSheepMask

Can't believe I forgot Adam Bomb and Crush. They're everybody's boys aren't they? They should be. I know when I first got the respective Hasbros they went over everybody in the territory and the imaginary crowd went ballistic.

Edited by NEWM

• Paid Members

Smothers looked like shit and his runs in the big leagues were an embarrassment. He was a good worker but he had fuck all about him. I'd say he's fair game.

His WCW run was nowhere near an embarrassment. It took in one of the greatest tag team matches of all time! 

Won't argue, that's a great match. Embarrassing is harsh for his WCW run. I'll go with almost entirely forgettable. Save embarrassing for the WWF.

• Paid Members

For years, R-Truth and Mark Henry have been my boys, although I'd never want to use that term in their company! I know neither are rubbish and both have had reasonably long and successful careers, but they are still at the lower end of the WWE food chain and that breaks my heart. I always root for them whoever they are facing, even when it's totally obvious that they're out there to do the j-o-b.

Chris Masters is another one I've always had an affinity for, dating right back to his debut (ie years before he was widely considered a good worker).

Bo Dallas. Most people think he's utter tripe because of workrate and snowflake reasons, but I do love a stupid gimmick.

In fact he's so much of a boy to me that I wish him all the success so he isn't my boy anymore.

It'll never happen in a million years, but him in full BOlieve mode winning the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania would create the greatest visual ever.

Him in tears celebrating with the belt, confetti raining from the heavens, 1000 doves released into the air, grown men crying, women simultaneously getting pregnant, that glorious theme song. Ideally he'll have beaten someone like AJ Styles or another mutant favourite just for extra fuck you points.

Yeah, Bo Dallas is my boy.

Kronik were and always will be my boys. As a kid I loved Crush in his Lilt-inspired singlet babyface days and when he turned up on WCW tagging with a giant, long haired George Michael lookalike I was instantly a fan of the pair of them. The double chokeslam, the outfits with barbed wire on them, the ridiculous sleeveless leather jackets, the shit matches- I loved it all. So much so that back in my e-fedding days my character was always based on Brian Adams. I'm less embarrassed admitting to e-fedding than I am admitting to being a fan of Kronik.

• Paid Members

Hardcore Holly, Tom Brandi, Reggie Bennett, Sniper and Recon, and The Tank - they can all come over my house for salad cream and tinned salmon sandwiches, and then we'll watch Higheay with Harry Secombe and eat malteasers, because they're my boys.

Reggie Bennett! That's a name out of the wilderness. A great example of when and she wasn't abusing a wellness policy too.

• Paid Members

The other guy managed by Harley Race in WCW: The Super Invader.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

Titus O'Neil. Good promo, always comes across well in unscripted bits, just lacks actual wrestling talent, which is such a shame as his physique is amazing too. He looks alright when he's just chucking people about, but it kind of limits how far he can go. Still, don't care. Love the guy, make him champ NOW.