Who are "Your Boys"?

WyattSheepMask

PN News, Tracey Smothers, The Musketeer from ECW, Glacier, and Wrath/Bryan Clarke all probably fit this criteria pretty soundly for me also.

That's nuts, why on earth would you consider Tracy Smothers untalented and be a bit ashamed to say you're a fan of him? He was an absolutely fantastic wrestler and one of the best around in the 90s.

To be fair, there's loads of posts on here that seem to have overlooked that #3 part of the criteria

In the wider picture, the whole concept of 'Guilty pleasures' is a bit of a cop out anyway. Folk should have a bit more conviction about them.

The never ending Jonny Curtis/Derrick Batemen feud was personal highlight of my wrestling viewing at one point, probably still evidenced in the NXT thread as it kicked off in the Redemption era. Loved those two. Darren Young was a fantastic dickhead heel too actually, I've always wanted more for him on the main roster.

D'Lo is surely the ultimate boy, and though it technically breaks the rule as he's held a world title, I'd like to sneak The Miz in if I could. Up until his recent little renewed thing with Y2AJ people wouldn't have pissed on him if he was on fire, but I've been a Mizaniac since the sparkly jhorts days.

Sandow. Adam Bomb. Natural Disasters. Joy Giovanni. (Not a boy, but same principle.)

I also LOVED Adam Rose in his brief NXT run, and still maintain that changing his theme was the beginning of the end. First one was impossible not to chant along to.

Been pondering & my boys would be

Rick Martel,         all career but his wcw run with synth disco theme was class for me.

Power & Glory,    looked great, great double finisher but we all know the rest,

Kenzo Suzuki,     the definition of a deer in headlights guy

Nikita Koloff,        a monster who look scary, as a kid

Savio Vega,        he was as close to cultured wwf guys in mid 90's with josephs coat with arms cut off

& D-Lo Brown.......just because  its D-lo(with body protector)

• Paid Members

PN News, Tracey Smothers, The Musketeer from ECW, Glacier, and Wrath/Bryan Clarke all probably fit this criteria pretty soundly for me also.

That's nuts, why on earth would you consider Tracy Smothers untalented and be a bit ashamed to say you're a fan of him? He was an absolutely fantastic wrestler and one of the best around in the 90s.

To be fair, there's loads of posts on here that seem to have overlooked that #3 part of the criteria

In the wider picture, the whole concept of 'Guilty pleasures' is a bit of a cop out anyway. Folk should have a bit more conviction about them.

Probably should have qualified that, as his 'Young Tracey' stint in early 90s WCW as part of the Young Pistols. Not a lack of talent, but the gimmick has not aged well.

Tatanka for sure. I don't know why I love this guy, always have. Even his mid-2000s return made me freak out. And I can't explain what it is about him.

After him, Shelton and Carlito, and Paul London. London did my favourite ever interview in Power Slam, and any guy who wants to carry a trident to the ring is good with me. Add in that he just clearly didn't give a shit by the end of his WWE run, a top guy and definitely my boy.

• Paid Members

Adam Bomb i fucking loved. Great gear and great body. Awful worker but i thought he was a sure fire main eventer. For a short while he was my favourite guy.

Im not too proud to say im a huge testicle either ☺. I bit surprised to find other people loved him aswell as i was generally alone there.

I had a real soft spot for the Bashams. I can only put it down to the dearth of actual tag teams at the time. On papet they where vanilla as fuck but they had a no bullshit almost old school vibe

Finally and by far and away my biggest "boy" was Kenzo Suzuki. He was a shite worker,couldnt talk and was a lazy stereotype but was just fun and looked hard as shit. I really loved him in his uncle sam get up

yeah to be fair, the untalented aspect made me think of non-workrate guys but 10 years ago today I was One Of Dem Paul London marks.

Loved the guy, he was like my #2 behind Eddie. Infact that even turned me into a TNA mark of all things cos I saw massive potential in him and he was never up to much and why did Kidman go over in that one cool feud they had? Defies logic really. And then TNA had their X Division on point at this time period with AJ Styles looking like a superhero in Ultimate X matches, the introduction of Joe etc. so I wanted all the best for TNA

with a bit of traction and somehow translating the "Please don't die" chants he could have been in a Foley role for the crazy bumps he would take, and a lot easier on the eye than Foley obvs. Say he's tenacious, do mad spots on PPV. Simple. He wasn't the worst talker but you'd never know, and I find it difficult to even remember as my memories of his ROH material are more few and far between.

One of my big disappointments getting back into wrestling is that he wasn't in any major promotions anymore

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

Vampiro doesn't count, he's super talented, beloved and the most successful wrestler in the history of Mexico.

I'd go for;

Arachniman- he got me into wrestling, who wouldn't like a wrestling Spider-Man?

3 count (Vampiro and Insane Clown Posse vs 3 count is my perfect shit WCW match)

Simon Dean

Mikey Whipreck in WCW

Blue Meanie when he's thin (or fat)

• Moderators

Smothers looked like shit and his runs in the big leagues were an embarrassment. He was a good worker but he had fuck all about him. I'd say he's fair game.

His WCW run was nowhere near an embarrassment. It took in one of the greatest tag team matches of all time!