Who are "Your Boys"?

WyattSheepMask

• Awards Moderator

Right To Censor, Spike Dudley if he counts, I'd have to agree with X-Pac even at the height of nobody else caring about him, and the glorious era of WWF Metal jobbers like Julio Fantastico and Arch Kincaid. It's taken me years to accept Bobby Roode as someone other than the guy who used to lose to Crash on a Sunday morning. They're all my boys!

Das Wunderkind, Disco Inferno and Lash LeRoux were all my boys in WCW for a while, you could throw the West Hollywood Blondes in there too although I probably wouldn't have called them "my boys" back in those days but they really did play their horribly offensive gimmick well.

Edited by Merzbow

What was Hassan's massive potential? Not talking as a performer, which he was good at, at least mic-wise. My memory is hazy but from the way he debuted - making valid points about being an Arab-American in a post-9/11 world, but directly at Foley, troops, American fans - they were never gonna turn him face were they? It was always cheap race-bait heat in my eyes, long before he attacked Taker with masked cronies

Got to echo the Spike Dudley nomination, I enjoy Heath Slater too (as well as Bo, but can't say I enjoy the Social Outcasts)

The Hurricane is probably one of my all-time favourite characters too. Some of those segments with Rocky were pure gold. Fuck knows why he ever ditched the gimmick

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

Fandango. Especially since that run as creepy Johnny Curtis on NXT Redemption. Still waiting for him to get that WWE Tag Team Championship match he earned after winning Season 4 too. I still back him to this day as Fandango though. There's just no hope for the ballroom brawler but he'll always be my boy.

• Paid Members

Max Moon. Yeah it looks dated now, but I bloody loved that gimmick.

PN News, Tracey Smothers, The Musketeer from ECW, Glacier, and Wrath/Bryan Clarke all probably fit this criteria pretty soundly for me also.

I genuinely always hope X-Pac is at an event doing photos in the ring, not because I would get one but because I think X-Pac is the greatest of all time at being rubbish.

The same X=Pac that was one of the best workers in the world circa 94-96?

I agree he probably outstayed his welcome but I don't think for one minute he could ever be considered rubbish.