CM 01/02. Sport of Kings

PowerButchi

An incredible game.

The classic 4-3-1-2 formation with Tonton Zola Moukouko just behind the from two scoring 40 a season. I'm an absolute addict and I'm currently managing Barnsley in the 2041/42 season - without getting sacked and just re-adding myself as manager.

It was dead easy to get promoted to the Prem in the first season. Sell your current squad ASAP - simply lob them on the transfer list and some poor sap would buy them. Sign Taribo West on a free. Combine him with Ibrahim Said in a fantastic African Axis at CB. Mike Duff can be picked up from peanuts from Cheltenham and can play RB for 15 years. A couple of Swedish beauties in Risp and Antonsson will provide back up at CB.

Dimitri Chiotis, Hugo Pinheiro and Andrea Isaksson were all beautiful men who kept clean sheets for fun.

In midfield you could as Swedish as Ikea. Kallstrom, Kennedy, Martin Eriksson, China, Lunden were essential. But the cherry in the midfield was Mark Kerr. Pick him up by triggering his release clause from Falkirk. 40 appearances a season, never injured. 15 goals and 20 assists every season. A genius.

As well as Tonton, you'd be mad to not buy Jonathan Black from Tottenham and Eider Hadzimehmovic from some Norwegian lads. Any of these two score whenever they play basically. But they aren't Tonton.

Up front you'd want To Madeira. A chap completely made up. Like the bloke who Tim Robbins made up in Shawshank, some scout who was supposed to be looking into Portuguese lower league simply made him up. You could buy him for 20k and he'd score goals like Dixie Dean. Team him up with Cherno Samba and Shane Tolley and you wouldn't lose a game. Poor Cherno turned down a move to Liverpool when he was 16, and ended up bouncing around the lower leagues and Eastern Europe for 15 years.

I got a 2:2 at uni, leaving in 2003. This game was the reason.

Double Post.

EDIT: The Maestro has faster fingers that I have.

Anyone struggling to get this game working? I've both burnt it to a disc and mounted it to a virtual drive but nothing happens. I've manually opened the setup file and still nothing. Am I missing something?

What version of Windows are you on?  I run it on an old laptop using XP but a boy at work had issues on Windows 7 because he wasn't running in admin mode.

I've tried it on both 7 (at work) and 10 (at home). Surely not everyone on here is running it on XP?

I still play Championship Manager 02/03 on the original Xbox!!!! It's 01/02 essentially, just with updated squads and the addition of the Jan transfer window.

It's basically the PC version, you just can't select as many leagues to run in the background (you can only have 3 active countries' leagues).

Got Brentford into the Champions League on one save.

Edited by zep81

Max Power has named a few of the other gems I always used to sign. To Madeira and Mark Kerr are always class. Hadzhimehmovic was usually good but he'd sometimes be a mardy git wanting to leave due to being homesick. He'd then end up signing for another team in the same league like a Bosnian Robbie Savage.

• Paid Members

Easily the game I've played more than any other down the years. Almost all of the great "Champ man legends" come from this version. It was easily the pinnacle because it was perfect in every way.

Probably my best ever game was after I'd achieved plenty using real teams, I created a team called "Hull United" and started at the bottom with no money and no players. Took them to the Premier League and qualified for the Champions League.

My last great game I took Barnet to the CL semi finals a couple of years ago. I've not installed it on my new laptop.

I usually buy Footy manager each year and play for five minutes. This year I went for "Football Manager Touch". Typically I bought it at full price about a week before they slashed it but it's quiet a fun game. I finished a season for the first time in about ten versions.

Got Rangers into the SPL and recruited loads of good players from the Championship in England but I'm woeful for some reason. I've given up!

This years footy manager is ridiculous. I know its an open league but 7-0 drubbings become the norm if team morale dips and your defenders aren't quick and good in the air. Behrahino costs over £30m as well and is the finest forward in the league.

Do you still have to rip 01/02 to disc and reinstall it?

• Paid Members

By the looks of it, install that emulator. Install Champo on your PC and then move the complete file directory onto the microSD Card of your tablet and then fiddle around with the emulator.

ADDED: I don't think I'd try it on an Android phone.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

I'm having a good bit of trouble with it at the minute, I have it burnt onto a disc, installed and opened. But when I click on start new game all I get is a message telling me I have no memory. "There is not enough available system memory to create the game. Please free up some more and try again." I think I have about 85% of my hard drive free. Anybody else had this kind of problem?

Anyone struggling to get this game working? I've both burnt it to a disc and mounted it to a virtual drive but nothing happens. I've manually opened the setup file and still nothing. Am I missing something?

This should work:

Click Open or Explore on the Virtual Drive and right click on Setup.exe and select Run As Administrator on that

Also I don't think you have to mount it as a virtual drive if you've already burnt it to disc, you'll need to run it from the DVD-Drive with the disc in say its D: or E:, or alternatively if you have Windows 10 just double click the disc image(iso) and it should mount it to a virtual drive in Windows (so no need to save it onto a CD-R). Also its recommended to run the setup as administrator and also set the compatibility mode to Windows XP if it doesn't work directly in Win10. The game needs to be installed for it to work, it won't run direct from the disc/disc image but the disc image (or the old CD) back in the day was needed as a way to say you have the original game. Would have made it simpler if Eidos let someone update it so it runs on the newer OS's or put it up on something like GOG.com/Steam etc so you just run the game directly without needing to mess about with a disc image. 

Edited by Really Big Shoe