CM 01/02. Sport of Kings

PowerButchi

How many leagues are you guys running?

I used to only do one or two back in the day. However computer technology has moved on the intervening years. The budget laptop I'm using at the moment has 1.7 GHz and 6 gb of Ram. Speed wise, it's light years beyond what I was rocking back in the day.

I run ten at a time. Anymore and the game slows down too much. 9 run as background leagues though.

• Paid Members

Run a league with more than 10 leagues in it and the computer universe turns wonky after about 2 seasons (using the Tapani Patch). Iraq are world powers in my game right now. Just won the World Cup. Mansfield consistently winning the Prem a few years later as well.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

I've never run more than one league. I just run the one I want to play and set it to maximum database.

I'm currently Tranmere on ooriginal offical patch. Finished the first season. Spent most of the season in the top three, then fell to sixth with half a dozen games to go and then won the last six games and nicked the title.

Lost Richard Hinds to Millwall for a £1m buyout clause. Made me want to cry. I've built a decent team with the usual lower league signings (David Collins, Scott Huckerby, Graham Marchant) and some random Norweigens my scouting turned up.

One thing has come up that's always annoyed me. When Millwall bid for Hinds, I had to accept straight away and he was gone within the week. I bid for Mike Duff on a £450k buyout. Now obviously, you'd expect a load of other clubs to immediately match it if they've been watching him. But it's been goin on for two weeks now and I still haven't had my mandatory offer accepted! Bastard.

I'm playing a 4-2-0-3-1 with attacking full backs. I've got some excellent defensive midfielders, just added Kemi Izzett for £60k relegation buyout, and it's working beautifully.

• 4 years later...
  • Moderators

There's a CM93/94 database patch on ChampMan.net

Full leagues and teams from ChampMan 93/94 lifted off the stats of the actual game, but playable on 01/02. I've started one as SampdorIa (4-1-3-2 with Lombardo, Platt and Jugovic as the 3 Attacking Midfielders and Gullit and Mancini up front, with Veirchowod running from central defence into midfield like they did that season. Come at me bro!). 

Will update if its any good. 

Edited by PowerButchi