Jump to content

CM 01/02. Sport of Kings


PowerButchi

Recommended Posts

Posted

Bought this after discovering that there was no disc in my case for it. She arrived today so planning to have a blast on it later this afternoon and we'll looking forward to it. It's the only game I think that I think that I can be bothered investing time in as a 30yr old bloke. Can't wait

  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Posted

Can you still download the game?

 

You can, just google CM 01/02 download. Should find a forum with player updates and the free download. Just unzip the file and run the exe and you should be good to go.

Posted

Got a whole day to myself on Monday and I plan on doing nothing but eating chicken, drinking irn-bru and playing this as West Brom.

 

That sounds like heaven!

Posted

 

Got a whole day to myself on Monday and I plan on doing nothing but eating chicken, drinking irn-bru and playing this as West Brom.

That sounds like heaven!

It's verging in to 'too good to be true' territory and I just know something will happen to derail my plans.

Posted

is Freddy Adu in this game? I want that lad to suddenly live up to his potential and show blitzing form, wherever he may be

Adu came in around CM4. I always remember signing him for Swedish teams due to the work permit problems band it takes a few years for a English team to bring him in. Also with this version Fabio Paim at Sporting Lisbon is a revelation also.

 

Currently playing just the September update from 2015 as Villa. Picked up Romelu Lukaku from Everton on a free as Everton gave him just 10 games in his 3rd season. Came to me and 44 goals for this season gave me the UEFA Cup. Happy days.

  • Paid Members
Posted

2am I decided to stop playing this and go to bed last night. I'll never learn.

 

Making decent progress with my Leeds team, though. Terrible start- the players weren't playing for me, the board were fucked off because I gave them an ultimatum to give me more money to spend and my deal for Riquelme kept falling through. My team is as follows:

 

GK- Martyn

LB- Harte

RB- Nobody- I've just sold Mills (which I may live to regret) so I'm frantically trying to replace him

CB- Junior Baino

CB- Woodgate

DM- Paulo Sousa

CM- a 19 yr old Iniesta

AM- a 15 (!) year old James Milner

AM- Kewell

FW- Hakan Sukur (outstanding, on a free)

FW- Viduka

 

A subs bench featuring Capdevilla, Taribo West, Mexes, Rooney, Seth Johnson, Alan Smith, Jagielka, Xabi Alonso, Dacourt, Cherno Samba and Paul Robinson. I got Ginola on a free too, but he's shit.

 

I sold Bowyer to some desperate nutters for £10m and Barcelona are in the process of paying me £4m for Michael Bridges. We've got Rangers in the last 16 in the UEFA Cup and we're 6th in the league, but should get a top 4 (or was it top 3 then?) finish. No point dreaming about the league as United are miles and miles ahead. Arsenal, who in real life won the double this season, are 13th or something. A Massimo Maccarone-led Middlesbrough team are currently 2nd.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I wish somebody would do a quick update for Championship Manager 3. I'd love to see who wins the Cup Winners Cup with the new stats. Yeah, I'm Statto.

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Just got round to finally downloading this for my mac and my god i forgot how good this game actually was. Scrolling through the pages has reminded me of all the gems who would destroy teams for years but to get the best out of some of these players...what formations do people use that work best?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...