CM 01/02. Sport of Kings

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Well, it's not working on my tablet. Starts running ok, then just as I'm setting up the game I get this infamous 'Unable to write to disk' error that others have mentioned. I know there are ways to sort this when it happens on your pc, but Christ knows how you can get around it on a tablet. I think this is a non-starter :(

If anyone wants newer data updates there's some here:

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=cat&id=2

Well, it's not working on my tablet. Starts running ok, then just as I'm setting up the game I get this infamous 'Unable to write to disk' error that others have mentioned. I know there are ways to sort this when it happens on your pc, but Christ knows how you can get around it on a tablet. I think this is a non-starter

Haven't tried it yet but someone's got it to work on Youtube

Although it's a Nvidia Shield according to the video and apparently they are quite powerful tablets. 

Another guide from Reddit:

The emulator is on the google play store just search for ExaGear Strategies

The official CM 01 02 download can be found here: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=cat&id=3

Then if you want the latest data patch you will need to install this: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=3

Followed by this: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=223

This guide explains how to install the patch: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3863

Simply install the game + patches on your PC then copy the installed files to the ExaGear folder on your Android device.

The CM 01/02 download comes as a .iso, to install the game on your PC double click on the .iso and then run the CM 01 / 02 .exe

After the game has been installed on your PC and you have copied the files to your android device you also need to copy the .iso into the ExaGear folder (this works in place of a CD to run the game.)

Champ manager on a phone. Holy fuck! That's made my millenia!

Players who are shit hot for lower league clubs

Gavin Holligan

Aaron Cable

Lee Fowler

Andy Mainwairing

Pretty much the Fc Hacken squad

Mike Duff as mentioned

There's a young striker at Carlisle who scores for fun, but totally forgotten his name.

Andrew Martin at Palace

Patric Antonen

Eddie akuamoah

Byron Bubb and Stephen McPhee. Two more lower league legends. Also a non-leaguer called Kevin Ellis at, I think, Marine.

I remember obsessively playing it at about 11 years old and signing people because I liked their names; even with that in mind I'd still usually walk the Premier League with Manchester United without any cheating. I couldn't get anywhere in Europe though; Roma would almost inevitably become invincible about two seasons in.

• Paid Members

If you play 4-3-3 with Giggs and Scholes playing off Van Nistelrooy and a midfield 3 of Veron, Keane and Beckham, you will fucking batter teams with United. Barthez is a top keeper on it as well, which doesnt fit with his form in real life sadly. United had proper superstars in the side at the time, so United are like Galaticos on the game. Arsenal will run you close no matter how good your form is, though. I've won the first 13 games in the league before and only been 4 points clear of them.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I started mine on my laptop last night, fucking furious too see that Rio is not in my Leeds squad. Because I installed the patch (which apparently you need to run) the squads are updated as at Nov 2002. That's not fair! It's 2001/02! Same with Robbie Keane. It's not all doom and gloom- because they signed Fowler in the summer of 2002 so I have him instead...great :(

Finding it hard to sign players, though. I've only managed to bring in Paolo Sousa and Ginola on freebies so far. Couldn't even sign Kerr. This might be a long season...

• Paid Members

I have no idea what version of Windows I have. I stopped keeping track at '98.

Any chance of this working on a macbook?

Apparently so. If you visit that Reddit link on this page or the previous one, there's something about running it on a Macbook on the same link.

Edited by PunkStep

Depending on your version of Windows you can mount it to a virtual drive using a programme like Ultra ISO.

Thanks Ive got it downloaded and installed. Now though when I go to start a new game I get a message saying there isnt enough memory. I googled it and it said to turn off the paging files in the memory settings, Ive done that but still getting the error. 

Anyone any idea how to sort it? Im on windows 7 if that helps.