Room 101 - Wrestlers and Personalities

Liam O'Rourke

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Some cunt nicked Dolph Ziggler and my noodle based insult. Fuck this shit.

Your noodle based insult? I think you'll find I was the first to make the Ziggler hair/Batcherlors convenience food comparison, and everyone needs to stop using my gimmick.

• Paid Members

Your noodle based insult? I think you'll find I was the first to make the Ziggler hair/Batcherlors convenience food comparison, and everyone needs to stop using my gimmick.

You, me, pot noodle on a pole match. Or the 9p Netto "super noodles" if we're not actually going to eat them.

Free entry for UKFFers. Plus pie and peas.

Stephanie fucking McMahon - Every time I hear the opening to her theme song, the raw fireworks and pyro ends and it starts...."Style and Grace...." and I just beg for my laptop to crash. Her fucking stupid, school nativity standard over acting, the way she talks down to talent and NEVER gets her comeuppance, the way in backstage interviews she appears taller than the Wrestlers and literally looks down on them, the way she has "I play a bad guy on TV" on her twitter handle, the way they show her at charity events and the next fucking segment is her being a vile heel I'm supposed to hate, the fact she can't book Wrestling, her fake tits, everything about the cow. As Vince Russo said "It was the biggest mistake the company ever made and one they still have not recovered from". Slag.

This x1000. What a fucking useless untalented shrieking cunt of a woman. Why the fuck is this bitch on Raw every week being terrible? She isn't just a bad performer, she actively ruins every other person she is on screen with due to her need to always be dominant, smarter and better than everyone else and since her return a few years ago has done nothing good for the product whatsoever. Just fuck off and die! When she was voted Heel Of The Year here a few years ago I thought you had all gone mental. WWE will never get better until she is gone from the company. And her twitter is full of self congratulatory tweets on what a great woman she is and all her charity work even though a few years back she came out and said that charity work is the best way to promote yourself and showing her true colours. She is so actively bad for wrestling it baffles my mind. It's like she's inherited every single one of Vince's worst qualities.

Reading the praise of Stephanie McMahon made me realise how different my wrestling tastes are to other people far more than reading Reddit and the like.

She's one of the main reasons I haven't watched Raw for the past year.  She has proper fuck off heat with me, not want-to-see-her-get-beat-up heat.

EDIT: I've read back my first sentence a few times and I'm not sure what I was trying to say there.  She's shit, basically.

I agree 100% with Mr Anderson. What an absolute useless waste of TV time. To think at one point he was in the running to be revealed as Vinces son is baffling.

He almost had one good match in TNA against Bully Ray and even then he botched the finish. Just a useless shouty wanker with a shit gimmick.

Got to be Taz as a commentator. I loved him in ECW and his WWF debut against Angle is great but I can't stand him behind a mic. He never seemed to add to what was happening in the ring and just seemed to be saying things for the sake of it. I seem to remember a couple of ok matches when he was paired with Cole on Smackdown but anything positive can be outweighed by his entire run on TNA and him referring to Sheffield as William Regal's "home town, state, country, whatever" at least 3 times on the Rebellion 2000 commentary. What an irritating, orange shirt wearing git.

Jeans and crap music Davey Boy in 1999. 

What a waste of space that man had become - providing us with precisely one memorable moment by lobbing a bin at Stephanie McMahon's head asking 'whur' his title shot was.

He had no good matches and moved around like an out of shape, slow and grimacing older cousin of his 1992 vintage presumably out of his nut on drugs to mask the pain. 

From being the hero of these shores in '92 to a washed-up loser seven years later, its not something I'm pleased to have seen at all, so I'd be made up if we could put that period of his in the bin and just remember the good times instead. 

Jeans and crap music Davey Boy in 1999. 

What a waste of space that man had become - providing us with precisely one memorable moment by lobbing a bin at Stephanie McMahon's head asking 'whur' his title shot was.

He had no good matches and moved around like an out of shape, slow and grimacing older cousin of his 1992 vintage presumably out of his nut on drugs to mask the pain. 

From being the hero of these shores in '92 to a washed-up loser seven years later, its not something I'm pleased to have seen at all, so I'd be made up if we could put that period of his in the bin and just remember the good times instead. 

I don't know if you were watching WCW in 1998, but Davey Boy looked like he was in mid '80s form on his WWE return in '99, and he actually did ok in promos for perhaps the first time ever.

You, me, pot noodle on a pole match. Or the 9p Netto "super noodles" if we're not actually going to eat them.

Free entry for UKFFers. Plus pie and peas.

This is the like pod-noodle calling the kettle black...except that's probably racist these days, and just not on.

Stephanie McMahon would be an excellent choice.

If for nothing else: after being promoted far above her station to head of creative, ushering in the era of scriptwriting teams because she doesn't understand booking (which takes years to learn) and also because a booker would always have the upper hand on her and where things are going, thus lessening her value. 

Which has led to the micro managed hideous promos that everybody, no matter how many years of experience they have, must do.

All the bitching and moaning people do about wrestling these days can largely be traced back to this. Not just WWE, but also TNA and others as they ape the same nonsense.

She also seems even less self aware, or is perhaps more awful, than Vince. The classic 'Vince's roids court case was similar to 9/11' deal, you know, a couple of days after 9/11, was a good one. The use of cancer sufferers to put herself over is a good one too.

I'm sure there's more, but I just cannot bring myself to pay any attention whatsoever when I read/hear/see/smell her. And that's to speak nothing of her absolutely piss poor face-to-heel and back again character constantly dressing down the top faces and making them look foolish.

Only upside is her fella used to pork Chyna, and so did uncle X-Pac. Leave the memories alone...

• Paid Members

The original room 101 was of course from the George Orwell novel 1984. In the original room 101 Winston Smith had a cage of rats put on his face. My wrestling nomination is that legendary swordsman who has undoubtedly had a lot of rats of a different kind on his face is Big Sexy Kevin Nash. Never had a good match. In fact has had some bloody awful matches. Watching him against his former bag carrier Triple H actually shortened my life, just dreadful. That doesn't even take into consideration his majestic job avoidance in WCW. Undoubtedly a funny guy with hair to envy, but as a wrestler, I can honestly say I have never enjoyed a single match I have seen him in.

So get in the room Kev, you've stunk up your last ring.

• Moderators

He's had plenty of decent matches. The Action Zone tag, the Bret matches, HBK battles, with Taker, with Razor. If he's your mate he's more than capable of putting on a decent match with you.

Archived