Room 101 - Wrestlers and Personalities

Liam O'Rourke

Might be slightly contraversal, but I would send the last 6 months Enzo & Big Cas' NXT career in there.

I loved them at one point, but they are boring me now. Constantly doing the same thing, chasing the belts and missing out and generally other teams coming in and being better.

I wouldn't get rid of them altogether at all, I just would have liked the last 6 months or so to have gone in a different direction. Possibly them debuting after Summerslam on the main roster.

No discarding them going forward, but it might take me awhile to get into them again.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

You were a huge fan of Bret, yet never learned that it's not "Brett"???

Brett v Miz, Brett as US champ it was all shit, and it all led up to that horrendous "match" at Mania that made no sense...

You're a bit confused. The Miz "match" and U.S. title "run" was after Mania.

I'm not going to lie, Bret was my favourite wrestler ever, and while most of that run was strangely handled, I found that first Raw back extremely cathartic. Although I was furious that they dumped his 94 version of Hart Attack which they had kept as "his music" through his whole run and teased return in that marvelous Shawn angle in Montreal in 2005, and decided he needed a new version. He didn't, and the 2010 mix sounded shite. Actually reminded me a little of his first terrible WCW theme.

Although I was furious that they dumped his 94 version of Hart Attack which they had kept as "his music" through his whole run and teased return in that marvelous Shawn angle in Montreal in 2005, and decided he needed a new version. He didn't, and the 2010 mix sounded shite. Actually reminded me a little of his first terrible WCW theme.

Somewhat on this note, Jim Johnstone (if he counts as a personality) might not be a bad shout to be dumped in room 101. 

In the last 10 years or so his work seems to have largely gone to shit, though I'm aware he doesn't have a hand in most the the WWE themes nowadays.

You were a huge fan of Bret, yet never learned that it's not "Brett"???

Brett v Miz, Brett as US champ it was all shit, and it all led up to that horrendous "match" at Mania that made no sense...

You're a bit confused. The Miz "match" and U.S. title "run" was after Mania.

I'm not going to lie, Bret was my favourite wrestler ever, and while most of that run was strangely handled, I found that first Raw back extremely cathartic. Although I was furious that they dumped his 94 version of Hart Attack which they had kept as "his music" through his whole run and teased return in that marvelous Shawn angle in Montreal in 2005, and decided he needed a new version. He didn't, and the 2010 mix sounded shite. Actually reminded me a little of his first terrible WCW theme.

Fixed...I'm an idiot...

I make no apologies for getting the time lines blurred though, I hated it...I've tried to forget it so it's hazy

CM Punk, 2012-2014. Was given a year long title reign, still complained that John Cena was the main event ahead of the champion. If he'd any sense at all, he'd realise that if the title had to be the main event every night, he wouldn't have had it for a year in the first place. Then the thing where he seems to have actually convinced himself, and cretins, that there was a WrestleMania during his run where he warranted being in the main event. He was very good, but that ego is ridiculous even for wrestling. And worse, he decided to be shite for his last year on the roster.

• Paid Members

Although I was furious that they dumped his 94 version of Hart Attack which they had kept as "his music" through his whole run and teased return in that marvelous Shawn angle in Montreal in 2005, and decided he needed a new version. He didn't, and the 2010 mix sounded shite. Actually reminded me a little of his first terrible WCW theme.

Somewhat on this note, Jim Johnstone (if he counts as a personality) might not be a bad shout to be dumped in room 101. 

In the last 10 years or so his work seems to have largely gone to shit, though I'm aware he doesn't have a hand in most the the WWE themes nowadays.

No way he's done loads of great tunes in the past decade. The Shield, Fandango, Albert Del Rio and Rybacks themes are all perfect for their characters for example. CFO$ are pretty ropey IMO. The vast majority sound the same and are produced the same. I'd love to hear Johnston have a go at writing new themes for Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose.

Chris Jericho early 2000's-2015. Goofy, unfunny, cringeworthy Bart Simpson impersonator for the best part of decade and a half. No doubt that he did some good stuff during that period but the negatives far outweigh the positives.

On a happier note, he's been fantastic in his feud with AJ Styles this year.

• Paid Members

Mr. Anderson, birth-death. I haven't watched TNA in years, but the news of him getting told where to go still made me happy for the world. I missed his supposed glory years, where he pretty much ruined his chance of a lifetime in the main event, twice.

The first time I saw Mr Anderson, he turned up on Raw in your uncles 5-a-side tracksuit and claimed he was a Mr Kennedy. He did his name a couple of times, then proceeded to drop Orton on his shoulder/head in a match either that Raw or the next. Not a particularly gripping introduction, but clearly Vince knew I was just getting back into the wrestling so decided to sack him, just in case I got another week of him doing his name and then doing a face. Dixie Carter clearly didn't give a hoot, however.

I was going to continue, but then I realised what a waste of time ranting about Anderson is. We all know he's useless.

Only thing that saves mr anderson is joe Hendrys video about him at Icw. And that apparently he tried to act the hardman in their match, before joe showed him why he's number 2 amateur wrestler at his weight in the uk. Hope it makes the cut

I thought you could put someone you like In there.

Fuck you Kris you prick, ok I'll change too.........

Raw- I know this is quite a big one but raw is a part of a lot of our regular weekly routine even if it's just skipping through. That being said the writers have been making it hard for a long long long time now haven't they and I can't see it get easier anytime soon.

Just give us something fresh!! I remember being on the edge of my seats with some of the stuff they did but now it's so paint by numbers that long term fans just give up.

For me it has to be the PG Triple H and Shawn Michaels DX run six or seven years ago. That for me typified the shift the WWE was making at the time towards a situation where Vince was once again so horrifically out of touch with society. You could almost hear him speaking through the announcers as they hysterically laughed through some horrific gags. To this day Vince insists it was clever and very funny, when in reality they were trying to bring back a faction that were very much of their time whilst restricting what they could do- the good thing about the DX the first time around is that they were immature but extremely unpredictable. In the uber-corporate world of WWE in the PG era, it came across very constricted, contrived and just not anything like as amusing as they let on. Hated it, totally switched off wrestling for a couple of years because of stuff like that.

Sorry, I got so carried away with chair shots, I just saw red!

I would go with Bret Hart.  I loved the colour of the 80's and 90's, the big characters, the ott moves and comebacks and Bret just seemed so bland to me.  Yes he could wrestle technically but as a kid I didnt care about that.  I absolutely loved it when Hulk Hogan left Wrestlemania IX as champ, as I was so pleased he was back and finally I had my superhero back, whereas Bret just seemed like a guy in an exercise leotard.  I wanted a huge orange man in yellow pants, now that just sounds better!

My nomination is The Rock since he returned to the company in 2011. Seeing him return to the WWE was a great moment and I loved every second of his return segment.

However, It all went to shit after that. It became clear that Rock's promos were not what they used to be and Cena smoked him on the stick during the course of their rivalry. It was also during this period that I realized how immature The Rock's promos are. Seeing him shitting out promos filled with his dumb catchphrases in 2011 was a real kick in the childhood.

In the ring, he was atrocious. He always wrestled 20+ minute matches even though he got gassed ten minutes in and not even great workers like Punk and Cena could carry his ass to something decent. I thought both Cena matches were snoozefests and Rock coming back to end Punk's year long reign still grinds my gears to this day.

Dwayne Johnson seems like a nice guy, and I have tremendous respect for him. I can even respect that he got a lot of eyes on the product when he returned, but as a fan, it was painful to watch. 

Archived