Room 101 - Wrestlers and Personalities

Liam O'Rourke

I'd personally put the Usos into Room 101. One of the blandest tag teams in WWE history with about as much personality as The Dicks. They've been on the main roster for about six years and they've had hardly any character development. Their entire moveset pretty much consists of moves done by their father/uncle or other relatives and they've hardly had a memorable match in their entire main roster run. 

Does that not apply to most of the WWE roster?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd personally put the Usos into Room 101. One of the blandest tag teams in WWE history with about as much personality as The Dicks. They've been on the main roster for about six years and they've had hardly any character development. Their entire moveset pretty much consists of moves done by their father/uncle or other relatives and they've hardly had a memorable match in their entire main roster run.

Didn't there characters start off as arrogant heels who were not your typical Samoan wrestlers? There as been development with their entrance and attire change etc. I like them, especially around the time when they took the titles off New Age Outlaws.

Where people not moaning when 2nd/3rd generations don't acknowledge their dads?

• Paid Members

Charlotte during her entire main roster run - thus far.

When she debuted (properly, ignoring that one-time match she had) she was a completely unlikable face. She was always clearly pushed as the lead of the Divas Revolution, putting the better workers of Lynch and Banks into the background. She had no redeeming qualities as a face.

Then when she finally did turn heel, she just became Ric Flair's daughter. Nothing was her, it was just her arl fella in a sparkly bra and knickers. His music, his catchphrase, his finisher and him at ringside. (in fact throw Ric of the past five/six in there and all. I had a rant on here about people who shouldn't be on our telly's any more and Ric first sprung to mind on that one - followed closely by Adam Lallana).

Charlotte has improved loads, I thought she was fucking horrid, but is by far one of the better women's wrestlers on Raw at the minute.

In fact exactly the same can be said for Lallana. (Except he's not a women's wrestler on Raw).

• Paid Members

Great stuff (hopefully still account for bias) - loved the "Bob Holly yardstick" for a start and especially how Kieran became mortified at the possibility of ANY Shawn going in.

I won't lie, there are two things that I wasn't 100% on board with. Firstly the Ed Leslie submissions... Honestly, I wouldn't argue against him going in (even though as a small child with no knowledge of brown-nosing, I quite liked The Barber for whatever reason), However, I had a message a few days back telling me that there was a strong suspicion that Disciple Booty Barber would feature prominently, and the first thing that came into my head was that as passionately as your crew have voiced their disdain for the Zodiac Butcher Beefcake over the course of several podcasts past... I wonder if some of those that voted him in were just trying to tap in to your shared consciousness to try and earn a mention.

The other, to be honest, is Hunter. I was never the biggest fan of his but there are just so many things he was involved in that I really enjoyed, I can't imagine wanting to consign him to Room 101. DX the first, the Rock run, the Cactus streetfight, the tag match where he and Austin lose the belts to Team Chris, putting Batista on the map, his great match with Cena at Mania 22, the Undertaker matches.... simply put, the guy's been worth not scrubbing out, for my money.

Miz is awesome . He may not be everyone's cup of tea as to what they like, but it's near impossible to dispute all he does well.

I want to thank everybody for the contributions, we got to read many of them on the show, which is now available at the following link:

http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/play/mgz6ui/SCG_Radio_76_-_Room_101_Wrestlers_and_Personalities.mp3

Join us for the first Wrestling Room 101! Taking your suggestions, we discuss a litany of wrestlers and personalities and debate whether they need to be banished to oblivion. We discuss the likes of Jim Duggan, Dino Bravo, Dolph Ziggler, Kurt Angle's TNA run, Mick Foley Post-2004, DX 2006, Bob Holly, Ed Leslie, The Honky Tonk Man, The Nasty Boys, Kevin Nash, Brother Love, Triple H, Vince, Stephanie McMahon and countless others, and debate if should be inducted into the vault never to be seen again. A really fun show this week, check it out and let us know what you think~!

• Awards Moderator

Fun show this week, I liked the format, the majority rulings and things like that - it was just a really entertaining hour and a half, lots of laughs. It was also good that the focus was mostly on the people who'd written in to nominate people - it meant there was a decent balance to the discussion even if most of you four disagreed with them (i.e. Dolph Ziggler). Agree with air_raid that Triple H was put in the room a bit harshly, there's far more good to him than a lot of the people you allowed to survive (i.e. Dolph Ziggler).

I'd be interested to hear how you could use the Room 101 format for other things, if that's the plan going forward - what would you use? Matches, rivalries, angles, match types? I think it'd be trickier to avoid those slipping into 'The Worst…' lists - the caveat for this one about specific time periods helped make this episode something more than that.

• Paid Members

Great show, fantastic to listen to.

The only surprise for me was HHH for whom the good out weights the bad in my book.

I can also only assume Ian Rotten already has his own wing in room 101 with en-suite shitter and shower, unless I missed his name crop up.

I want to thank everybody for the contributions, we got to read many of them on the show, which is now available at the following link:

http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/play/mgz6ui/SCG_Radio_76_-_Room_101_Wrestlers_and_Personalities.mp3

Join us for the first Wrestling Room 101! Taking your suggestions, we discuss a litany of wrestlers and personalities and debate whether they need to be banished to oblivion. We discuss the likes of Jim Duggan, Dino Bravo, Dolph Ziggler, Kurt Angle's TNA run, Mick Foley Post-2004, DX 2006, Bob Holly, Ed Leslie, The Honky Tonk Man, The Nasty Boys, Kevin Nash, Brother Love, Triple H, Vince, Stephanie McMahon and countless others, and debate if should be inducted into the vault never to be seen again. A really fun show this week, check it out and let us know what you think~!

First time listening to your show and I really, really enjoyed it!

Great stuff (hopefully still account for bias) - loved the "Bob Holly yardstick" for a start and especially how Kieran became mortified at the possibility of ANY Shawn going in.

I won't lie, there are two things that I wasn't 100% on board with. Firstly the Ed Leslie submissions... Honestly, I wouldn't argue against him going in (even though as a small child with no knowledge of brown-nosing, I quite liked The Barber for whatever reason), However, I had a message a few days back telling me that there was a strong suspicion that Disciple Booty Barber would feature prominently, and the first thing that came into my head was that as passionately as your crew have voiced their disdain for the Zodiac Butcher Beefcake over the course of several podcasts past... I wonder if some of those that voted him in were just trying to tap in to your shared consciousness to try and earn a mention.

The other, to be honest, is Hunter. I was never the biggest fan of his but there are just so many things he was involved in that I really enjoyed, I can't imagine wanting to consign him to Room 101. DX the first, the Rock run, the Cactus streetfight, the tag match where he and Austin lose the belts to Team Chris, putting Batista on the map, his great match with Cena at Mania 22, the Undertaker matches.... simply put, the guy's been worth not scrubbing out, for my money.

Hmm, interesting on Beefcake, might be something to that. Similarly, when I got into wrestling and saw ol' Bruti against Perfect and Savage I thought he wasn't bad. The more I saw of him the more I soured on him. By the time I'm watching Worldwide in 1994 and seeing him as The Butcher he was as close to a 180 as I had as a child.

As for Trips, I'll be honest and say as soon as we finished, I instantly regretted HHH and Foley post-2004. Reading this forum actually skewed me over the edge on Foley, all the times he's been insistent on counting cash and kind of ruining the meeting experiences for a lot of people, but that's nothing based on my perspective, and while he's worn out his welcome in many degrees, 101 seems a little strong. HHH I had a tough time with, but as good as some of his body of work is, there are so many years of agony we had to go through to get the little nuggets here and there that it made it a toss-up.

Fun show this week, I liked the format, the majority rulings and things like that - it was just a really entertaining hour and a half, lots of laughs. It was also good that the focus was mostly on the people who'd written in to nominate people - it meant there was a decent balance to the discussion even if most of you four disagreed with them (i.e. Dolph Ziggler). Agree with air_raid that Triple H was put in the room a bit harshly, there's far more good to him than a lot of the people you allowed to survive (i.e. Dolph Ziggler).

I'd be interested to hear how you could use the Room 101 format for other things, if that's the plan going forward - what would you use? Matches, rivalries, angles, match types? I think it'd be trickier to avoid those slipping into 'The Worst…' lists - the caveat for this one about specific time periods helped make this episode something more than that.

Yeah I see what you mean, the personal element to the 101 part is the charm of the idea. Matches would work quite well - a "Worst Matches" doesn't sound like an appealing show, but Room 101 - The Matches, with people's vitriol on the ones they want to see banished could easily mean overplayed or bad finishes or anything, bit more scope for interpretation. Food for thought.

Great show, fantastic to listen to.

The only surprise for me was HHH for whom the good out weights the bad in my book.

I can also only assume Ian Rotten already has his own wing in room 101 with en-suite shitter and shower, unless I missed his name crop up.

HHH probably should have been a split vote if it wasn't for Old Man Jones' sage wisdom. The en suite of Room 101 is Ian Rotten.

First time listening to your show and I really, really enjoyed it!

Thanks very much for giving the show a chance, appreciate the nice words!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Only just got around to listening to this. It's a fun show as always. HOWEVER...

I don't always agree with the opinions of the panel, particularly Chase who's a workrate pervert, but I respect their opinion. HOWEVER...

The SCG panel voted 4-0 to keep that cosplay punk rocker cunt Ziggler out of Room 101. On the basis that as a @HEELZIGGLER, he's not quite as wanky as when he's portraying the biggest pussy since Missy Hyatt had plastic surgery? Fucking ludicrous. I forget which one of you likened him to Mr. Perfect in the selling department, but I hope you were booted on the cock by the other three. What a fucking travesty. It's going to take a monumental effort to recover from this, O'Rourke. How you've got any listeners left, I've no idea.

Fucking Ziggler.

If it was narrowed down to babyface Ziggler, he would have gone in easily. The broad scope of just Dolph got him a pass because while I see the argument, heel Dolph isnt rank enough to go in.

The Perfect comparison isn't comparing him to Curt as a worker, it was just referencing that the blueprint of a smaller heel surrounded by bigger guys can bump like a pinball and dead sell and its not noticeable because it fits, but doing the same thing as a babyface is just turgid and the crowd doesnt react the same, and yet he still does it.

The dividing line in my own head was - at the time of him cashing in Money in the Bank as a heel, the thought of putting him in Room 101, the place with the Bravos, WWF Duggans, Beefcakes and Russo wouldnt be strongly considered by too many I feel. Face Dolph seems to get worse by the week, but overall career I can't say he's at that level.

But man was I floored to see how many people chose him as the guy they hate the most. And with a righteous passion.

Archived