Room 101 - Wrestlers and Personalities

Liam O'Rourke

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Miz is fucking dreadful, he is everything bad about Wrestling. This sport s a work but there has to be SOMETHING about a guy, even somebody like Neville or Zayn they are scrappy fighters, Ziggler is a proper athlete, Rusev and Lesnar are hard bastards, Strowman and Show are monsters, what's fucking Miz eh, he looks like somebody playing at being a Wrestler, like he said when he main evented Mania he got 10 mates on the front row and spent half the time looking at em thinking "we did it, remember when we used to watch in my parents basement", even he knows he shouldn't be there.

He smears fake tan all over the canvas and looks like a funboy, yes he has been carried to a FEW decent matches by brilliant workers like Bryan, Lawler and Cena but put Miz in the ring with R-Truth or Strowman or Zack Ryder and can he carry a match, can he drive it to be something it had no right being, can he fuck. He might have a career going forward as a manager for somebody in NXT but as for being a Wrestler on the main roster, sod off. Get him in.

Mark Madden

Never mind he replaced Bobby Heenan on Nitro conmentary in early 2000 which was blasphemy.

He was a Vinny Ru wet dream of a commentator with his constant ridiculous insider comments. His pop culture references ranging from either being a Kiss fan or watching too many Kevin Smith movies. The twatty fist pump he'd do when first shown on commentary. Looking like a walrus in a Hawaiian shirt.

I can take the bad wrestling from WCW in 2000 but put it alongside this guy's droning loud whiney obnoxious voice and its almost too much to bear.

Even now on JR's podcasts I can't bear to listen to him and even hearing him now flashes me back to him screeching into the mic 'Spinneroonie, Spinneroonie. Damn that Spinneroonie!'

Thank Christ no company took a chance on him when WCW folded.

Don't forget he faxed a Bill Watt's "racist" interview to Hank Aaron, vice president in the Turner at the time, even though it was one year old and already discussed and sorted out before Watt's hiring in '92. He did this to suck up to his friend Ric Flair after Watt's stated to Ric Flair in early '93 - "What use are you to me now" after doing the job to Curt Hennig on RAW and returning to WCW. Madden was a mark for Flair going back years to giving him some bollocks award he made up because he wrote for some newspaper and Flair led him on. And Madden knew the corporate body of Turner would shit bricks if he sent that in and made something of it.

So, instead of a logical hard edged sports based wrestling style that Watt's would've promoted, we got some unbelievably bad years of utter incompetence like TV tapings with people randomly coming out with belts they'd won and lost before any matches had taken place on PPV. 

And a quick thing about Watt's "racism". He pushed JYD as his top star, and drew monster crowds, in the early 80's before Vince ever saw him. And tried to make Ron Simmons his world champion in '92. 

Thanks Madden, your first name is apt!

Charlotte during her entire main roster run - thus far.

When she debuted (properly, ignoring that one-time match she had) she was a completely unlikable face. She was always clearly pushed as the lead of the Divas Revolution, putting the better workers of Lynch and Banks into the background. She had no redeeming qualities as a face.

Then when she finally did turn heel, she just became Ric Flair's daughter. Nothing was her, it was just her arl fella in a sparkly bra and knickers. His music, his catchphrase, his finisher and him at ringside. (in fact throw Ric of the past five/six in there and all. I had a rant on here about people who shouldn't be on our telly's any more and Ric first sprung to mind on that one - followed closely by Adam Lallana).

And a quick thing about Watt's "racism". He pushed JYD as his top star, and drew monster crowds, in the early 80's before Vince ever saw him. And tried to make Ron Simmons his world champion

Watt's is a well known racist bigot. He pushed JYD because mid south looped a black area and money talks.

You have to judge a person by their actions. His actions would not appear to be racist, in fact they were downright open minded in the backwards way of life wrestling was, and still is.

heel Charlotte has been a revelation, shje seems a billion times more comfortable and it suits her look so much better. Was a solid enough story/turn too which is something of a novelty in that division. Some people are never gonna give her a break cos Flair's her old man, she's earned one,

I'd personally put the Usos into Room 101. One of the blandest tag teams in WWE history with about as much personality as The Dicks. They've been on the main roster for about six years and they've had hardly any character development. Their entire moveset pretty much consists of moves done by their father/uncle or other relatives and they've hardly had a memorable match in their entire main roster run. 

Archived