WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

I was looking forward to this but it now looks like it won’t get a release over here, basically Yakuza with a different story.

Taki also voices Olaf in the Japanese dubbing Of Frozen.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

Might get a fair bit more selling it direct via FB/eBay etc. CEX offer just over 50% of what they end up selling them for. Quick search on their app offers between £110-£130 for 1tb standard/slim consoles and £160-£175 for Pro depending on condition. 

• Paid Members

It’s old now but Smyths near us are selling off Lego Dimensions stock as they’ve stopped selling it.

We just got:

Fantastic Beasts DLC pack, Mission Impossible Level Pack, Krusty, Superman, Benny (Lego Movie), and Bane Fun Packs for £19. 

• Members

Living on my own is getting boring, and whilst I don’t want or can afford a new console, I was thinking of getting an old PS2 so I can play Medal of Honor and GTA3. CEX have one for £35, is this a decent price?

Does it make more sense to just get a PS3? Does that play PS2 and PS1 games? Does anyone have either to sell? Cheers in advance

Just now, SuperBacon said:

Living on my own is getting boring, and whilst I don’t want or can afford a new console, I was thinking of getting an old PS2 so I can play Medal of Honor and GTA3. CEX have one for £35, is this a decent price?

Does it make more sense to just get a PS3? Does that play PS2 and PS1 games? Does anyone have either to sell? Cheers in advance

£35 isn't too bad but I've seen them go for closer to £20 at your Cash Generator like places.

Only specific early PS3's play PS2 discs, they tend to sell for more and maybe aren't all that reliable compared to later models.

9 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

It's only the first 60 gb PS3 that has backwards compatible and another model (forgot which one) As Merzbow pointed they're a bit unreliable getting a pre-owned one, your guaranteed to get the YLOD. Especially if it's been sat on CEX shelf for a while. You can get a 60gb PS3 for around £60. But if you just want PS2 games get the £35 PS2. TMNT battle nexus 2 is my favourite game of all time, try that after Medal of Honor.

• Paid Members

Some of the later PS3 models can be hacked to play PS2 games (and would save you having to pay for the games), too, but I've no idea how hard it is to do. I need to dig my PS3 out of storage and give it a try soon. There's so many PS2 games I miss playing that have no chance of a remake/remaster like Headhunter, Shadow of Rome, Scarface, The Punisher etc. And loads of interesting looking games that I never got around to trying at all, The Sufferings, Cold Fear, Killer7, the later Syphon Filters.

I stayed patient on doing it for years as I hoped that the PS2 classics on PS4 range would become even half decent, but the selection's still absolutely pitiful outside of the Rockstar games.

Funnily enough I started Bloodborne last night. After being killed by the first werewolf about ten times I decided to peg it past it up to the door at the top of the stairs. I ended up in trouble when I mistakenly took the door opening sequence to be a safe state and ended up shouting "fuck this!" waking up my girlfriend  when the wolf got me as the doors were opening. Might consult some tutorials before I go back in.

• Paid Members

Might be better suited for the retro thread, but...

Finished playing Diablo the other night, so started on Diablo 2. My memory of both games has become really blurred in the years and years since I last played either, so I'd forgotten that all of Diablo takes place in essentially the same location while Diablo 2 is a bit more globe-trotting, but remembered much of the dialogue from Diablo and not from Diablo 2.

In Diablo I employed probably the least nuanced strategy imaginable, as I just blitzed all my stat increases into strength and vitality, then proceeded to stock up on health potions and go in all guns blazing with no strategy whatsoever. Just blindly hacking and slashing my way through a bunch of demons and skeletons inexplicably stored in barrels.

Diablo 2, I'm attempting a slightly more tactical approach, so playing as a Necromancer, so I can have some skeleton mates. It's already considerably more fun.

I might invest in Diablo 3, just to see this through to its logical conclusion, though I've been warned it might not be so much my cup of tea.

• Paid Members

Star Wars Battlefront 2 (the good one from two console generations ago, not the one that was sullied at launch by the Pay To Win lootbox mechanics and ridiculous amounts of grinding) is on Games With Gold next month. I don't know much about the other games.

https://majornelson.com/2019/03/26/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-april-2019/

No idea what's on Playstation Plus yet.

I started playing Slime Rancher again the other day. It's a great game to chill out to. Not too far removed from the  Harvest Moon series in terms of its premise.

SoulCalibur 6 is down to £16 50 on XBox One this week. The deluxe edition is also reduced to £44.50, but if you buy the basic edition and the season pass it's cheaper. However, if you buy the basic edition and the dlc pack by pack that looks like it works out even cheaper than buying the season pass. I'm tempted to buy the basic game on payday then maybe buy the dlc with the character creator stuff another time if I like the game. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz
Returning to the stage of history.