WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Overwatch is good but it's just Team Fortress 2 with more characters. Doesn't warrant a full price release. TF2 was in a bundle and then free to play.

Uncharted 4 is the most beautiful game I've played. The attention to detail is incredible. Luckily the game play holds up as well. I found myself getting bored half way through Uncharted 3 because it was all getting quite repetitive - enter area, goons flood in from all angles, cover/shoot till they're dead. U4 having stealth is such an improvement. It's not perfect - goons won't notice half their crew suddenly going missing unless they see a dead body on the floor and I really wish there was a silencer for the guns - but it's great fun and I'm actually following the storyline which is rare for me in video games.

• Paid Members

I've been done with The Division for a while now. They screwed the pooch too much and I lost interest. Shame I bought the fucking thing digitally so I can't even trade it in. From now on, back to physical games. Between The Divison and Battlefront, that's £100 on games I dropped after a couple months.

With that in mind, I just ordered Black Ops 3 from Amazon. I used to love Call of Duty but haven't played one in a long time. I heard about them releasing Infinite Warfare with the original Modern Warfare included in the legacy edition, remastered and wanted to get back into CoD shape. What did people reckon to Blops 3?

Edited by SpursRiot2012

I'm going to pick up Doom, but I need to get through Uncharted and Ratchet&Clank first. Not seen any reviews, but that game and wolfenstein 3d before it are key reasons I'm a gamer now, so they get my money regardless

• Paid Members

Uncharted 4 is stunning. Easily the best looking game I've ever played. They've improved the pacing considerably, too. I've loved all the Uncharted games but there definitely got to a point in each of them where I was getting bored with the same mechanics of either climbing, puzzling or shooting. This has tonnes more to offer, managing to keep it super fresh throughout, and I can definitely see it becoming one of my favourite games of all time. Despite only getting it yesterday I'm already about half way through and not once have I wanted to stop playing. It's joyous.

• Paid Members

I heard all about the stunning visuals and was a bit disappointed once I sat down with the game...then I got to the Madagascar section of the game and haven't picked my jaw up off the floor since. 

Nathan Drake must be the most likeable video game character ever made.

And one of the most psychotic :p

Kills a bunch of dudes, gets back into the jeep and resumes light hearted banter with the boys...as if he didn't just murder some people.

• Awards Moderator

Eurogamer have posted this outstanding obituary for Lionhead Studios.

I warn you, it's not a quick read (at least 20 mins and I read pretty fast) but it's utterly absorbing. If you're as fascinated by the mercurial Peter Molyneux as I am it's compelling as the mad piper dances from project to project annoying people as he goes. Brilliant read and ultimately a sad story.

• Paid Members

We had a seminar with Peter Molyneux at uni and you'd be hard pressed to find someone who can talk such horse shit and not back it up in any way. I feel bad for the teams he's worked with as essentially all of his companies have ran with him at the forefront taking credit for all their work and then exaggerating massively to consumers and not delivering.