WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Amazon have decided to sell certain games only to prime members, you can still buy them from 3rd party sellers but if you want GTAV on the PS4 directly from Amazon for example you'll have to have a prime subscription.

Really? Sneaky fuckers. They're not particularly cheap on Amazon anyway, and I'd be more likely to buy from a 3rd party (Marketplace, yeah?) seller on there anyway, so no great loss but still. That's a risky strategy that could backfire.

• Paid Members

Exactly. Nobody is going to sign up for Prime just so they can get Far Cry Primal from Amazon. Well I'm sure some will, but surely the number will be massively outweighed (even taking into account the extra subscriptions they'll get) by those that'll think "Fuck it, I'll just get it from somewhere else".

• Paid Members

They don't have to bother with quality control any more because they can just patch it after release which means that developers can release games in any old state to meet a deadline.

The frame rate on that is shocking. No idea why they didn't just have it running at 620/960 to try and sort it out.

We're seeing too many games that are never properly patched after either, Arkham Knight still doesn't work properly on PC. There's too much of a "fuck it, let's just risk it" mentality, but I'd imagine a lot of that is down to pushy publishers. I'm still mad that KOTOR 2 was rushed out by publishers for Xmas all those years ago.

• Awards Moderator

The word from Sony is that there shouldn't be Neo exclusives. Unless Slapnut you must have 4K, go with Spursy and follow friends / exclusives.

It feels like this generation is much better at *not* having exclusives. Or maybe it's just too soon in the lifecycle.