WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

I don't think they should be too much of a problem, really. Fallout 4 isn't the best looking game either and has most of the same sort of aesthetic you can carry off without needing beautiful graphics. Whereas going back to something like Oblivion would be a real timewarp - even in 2011 when Skyrim came out. I think the VATS combat really make them stand alongside each other more than the huge gap between them probably should. It preserves the franchise in a permanent state of like I said clunkyness to my eyes but hey if Fallout is your bag then...

• Paid Members

It just doesn't feel like a nuclear wasteland. You can't go 20 seconds without bumping into something or someone. For me the lack of atmosphere is a massive detriment. In 3 there was nothing like feeling like you were in the middle of nowhere and then spotting a building what seemed to be a mile away and just having to go explore.

It just doesn't feel like a nuclear wasteland. You can't go 20 seconds without bumping into something or someone. For me the lack of atmosphere is a massive detriment. In 3 there was nothing like feeling like you were in the middle of nowhere and then spotting a building what seemed to be a mile away and just having to go explore.

My problem with 3 was i spent far too much time walking around never bumping into anything. So i found this to be a big improvement. But it's all a personal preference thing. I've enjoyed 4 far more than 3 and have put more hours into it thus far than 90% of games i've ever played. So if nothing else i feel i've got good value for money out of it. And the DLC has been decent thus far.

• Paid Members

I finished Fallout 4 this morning. It just felt...flat. I felt the same with 3's ending, to be fair. 

I had no reason to care about any of the factions or NPCs, really. 

• Paid Members

I love the Fallout games, I really do. But I've never felt that the storylines are particularly great, it's the gameplay and setting that keep me hooked. Same with Skyrim. They could do with some better writers fit for sure.

The Witcher 3 for example has a much better storyline than the Bethesda games. Rockstar are also much better in this area.

Doesn't matter that much though, as I still love the Bethesda games regardless but I can see why some people are a bit underwhelmed by them.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

Yeah but at least Fallout New Vegas compelled me to play the DLC - had no desire for 3 or 4 to do that. 

Witcher 3 is fine but I hated the combat, it felt too clunky. 

Old World Blues is the greatest written piece of Fallout content ever created, the writing is just spot on and had me pissing myself laughing over and over. I wouldn't mind playing that part on its own again but I think you need a modestly levelled character to do it.

• Paid Members

I haven't played any of the New Vegas add-ons, for some reason. I bought them during an XBL sale a couple of years ago. When they decide to make the game backwards compatible, I'll give them a go.

Do any of them take you to new locations (i.e. new maps) like most of the Fallout 3 add-ons?