WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

It popped up on Neogaf and has been verified by a couple of the bigger games sites through their sources apparently. Ign pointed out that the city from Mafia 3 is on the map, and that apparently it'll be a prequel.

• Paid Members

I loved the time period RDR was set in, but agree that a game set any later than that would definitely lose appeal. Going back in time is 100% the right way to go.

I don't get into games much these days, but RDR is an all time fave of mine. I want to be pulled back into that world!

I haven't played Inquisition but I imagine it's pretty different. Dark Souls is punishingly difficult with tactical weighty combat, you're constantly at a state of unease as even the smallest enemies can kill you if you make a mistake.

I'd recommend watching someone new to the series playing it to get a taste of the hell it can be before putting your money down as the game isn't for everyone.

(These guys are pretty annoying tho..)

Edited by Merzbow

Has anyone played Dark souls 3 on xbox one and if so would they recommend it

Merzbow's advice is spot on, but I'd also add that you've always got the option of spending a fiver on a copy of Dark Souls 1 (it's playable on Xbox One) to see if you like it rather than plonking down 40 odd quid on a game that you might not get on with. DS1 often seems to be considered the high point of the series, so it'd be a good place for newcomers to start.

Bought Dark Souls 3 on release and I've already gone running back to Destiny with my tail between my legs.

Also should be pointed out that Souls games are pretty light on story compared to most modern RPG'S.

On RPG's Atlus have announced that Shin Megami IV Apocalypse (know as Final in Japan) on 3DS will get an English release in the summer. Not hoping for a timely EU release so will be importing from the US.

Region locking the 3DS was such a shitty move by Nintendo. Thankfully a US model popped up on ebay.