WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Xenoblade Chronicles X is freaking huge. Does have some annoying design choices but is still great value for money.

Best thing about Bayonetta 2 (game is buckets of fun) was the salty tears when it went to Nintendo, was almost as hilarious as when FFXIII went multi platform.

I need to try to get into Xenoblade X again. I got it for Christmas, put about 25 hours into it and started getting more and more frustrated with it. Getting wrecked by free roaming level 50's all other the place. Loads of early-game probe sites only having one route to them, conveniently surrounded by level 30-50 mobs.

I enjoyed what I played but I'm the kind of person who likes to grind very early on in RPGs, so once I've finally got the platinum trophy for MGS5, I think I ought to restart Xenoblade.

Now is the the time to grind the Dark Zone in The Division. Just read on gamefaqs that Ubisoft botched a patch resulting in no death penalty.

About to dive in now. Apparently it's total chaos in there.

EDIT.

Ah balls they just turned the servers off.

Edited by The King Of Swing

Think I'm gonna pick up Resident Evil 6 for the PS4 when the PSN store updates today, I had it on PS3 and I know it wasn't the best of games but I was still a fan. I have like £30 in credit to spend after that.

Any recommendations?

• Paid Members

Minor annoyance just now:

I bought a code for Assasins Creed Unity on Xbox One for £3.99. I've heard very average things, but for four quid I thought I'd get some value out of it.

I logged into Xbox.com on my laptop and clicked to redeem the code. I then opened another tab and logged into my hotmail account to get the email with the code in.

I got the code, switched tabs, entered the code and hit submit. Bingo, code accepted but by clicking the button and posting back, my Xbox.com tab had picked up my hotmail account in the other tab and redeemed the code against that rather than my Xbox account.

Great. I've been on support chat for quite a while trying to explain the problem. I'm less bothered by the £4 lost and more annoyed that MS are sharing authentication across domains without any warning. Xbox support were useless and wouldn't accept that their system would do that. I offered to step them through the process but they weren't having it, saying it must've been my fault and that the gamertag icon at the top-right will update when the account changes. Well, it doesn't unless you refresh the screen or post back the form.

Ah well, not much lost and I can't be done with the arse of setting up another Xbox account just to play what is probably a very average game.

But word of warning when redeeming codes if you have more than one account.

This is indeed a thing. However, luckily I've never fallen foul of it. Bloody annoying when it happens though.

Bought my Wii U on Friday. Only have Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, Mario Maker and a couple older games at the moment. Going to wait for the Selects range to come out as I believe I'd be buying the same games now at near £40 a pop when I can get them for £16 next month.

Edited by Bettencourt

Think I'm gonna pick up Resident Evil 6 for the PS4 when the PSN store updates today, I had it on PS3 and I know it wasn't the best of games but I was still a fan. I have like £30 in credit to spend after that.

Any recommendations?

Wolfenstein's on sale at the moment, I had some bloody good fun with that.

• Paid Members

Playing fallout 4, i loved fallout 3 but for some reason i just can't immerse myself into it like i did fallout 3

It seems to have copied a fair bit of far cry

4 definitely lacks the atmosphere of 3 which is a big part of the games. 4 has pretty weak storylines and characters too.

Fallout will always be Elder Scrolls clunkier, ugly step sister. I know a lot of people on here dig it but Fallout 4 especially I just found so underwhelming.

I second the Wolfenstein recommendation. It's a very good property in gaming again after the mess that was that quasi open world one last gen.

On that note I'm also really looking forward to the new Doom. Seems like the atmosphere of Doom 3 with the insanity of the earlier games. And the multiplayer looks like Quake III on crack. Tough sell in today's market but hopefully it turns out decent and a community gets going.