WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

I'm not really on point with how 4K works but I think it would have to be made with 4K in mind to see any difference. Apparently 4K is barely noticeable anyway.

You can run current games with 4K on but you won't see a difference I think.

Not on topic with E3 but me and the other half are hooked on Lego Dimensions currently. Complete money grabbing but it's perfect fun, and some of the content is fantastic.

Have you seen the wave 2 announcement video yet? Between me, the wife and our oldest daughter it's going to cost me a fortune.

• Paid Members

It's what made my girlfriend practically drag me to the shops to buy it haha!

Excited for Sonic and Adventure Time packs. Of what we've played so far of Wave 1, Ghostbusters Level Pack was great, and we enjoyed the base game Portal and Dr Who levels.

We've bought (so far):

Bart Simpson, Emmett, Eris fun packs, and the Venkman Ghostbusters level pack. We want Cyberman and Chell next I think. You get a fair chunk of content for the price.

I thought Xbox had a decent E3. Some good game announcements plus Project Scorpio, a 4K, VR capable, 6 core console that they're saying is the most powerful console ever.

"Most powerful console ever" isn't really a big boast though, is it? The Xbox One held that title when it was released.

I need to get back into Nintendo. My last great burst with them was having a GameCube and the original DS around the mid noughties and it was so refreshing. I'm looking to recapture that because in my own neurotic way I've put 'sick of this video game shit' down to 'sick of Sony and Microsoft'. Guns. Big hardware. Same old franchises. Everything seeming so serious.

I can't figure out if it's worth getting a Wii U or not though with this new NX thing coming out soon. I may wind up getting a pre owned Wii for next to nothing because it can funciton as a Gamecube and I've never played the handful of excellent Wii games like Galaxy. It'll be weird going back to SD on my HD though. It's okay for PS1 games but I imagine Wii stuff could look stretched and dull and kinda weird.

Tempted to get a 3DS too because the library there is great with the DS stuff added in.

• Paid Members

I've got a Wii at home that's never been used - what's the best Mario game on it? I'll see if I can pick it up on the cheap from a second hand shop and play through it. The last Mario game I played was 64

Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are both amazing, they're pretty much platforming perfection. The first game's only 7 quid at CEX, well worth it.

Or you could hack your wii, pretty easy to do these days and you can just run games of a USB stick or hard drive.

Get a Wii U as it plays Wii games on it flawlessly. That way you can play the ace Wii U games you'd miss too.

Sounds promising. What about GameCube stuff? Wii U+Wiimote+GameCube controller would be an awesome hub. I could probably live without the Cube and sort it out for cheaper though. I have a weird hard on to play the first Day Of Reckoning again. Underrated wrestling game.

Mario Galaxy 1+2 are a dark stain on my gaming record, having never played either. This all sounds like the perfect summer entertainment project for me.

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members

Mario Galaxy was amazing.

Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are both amazing, they're pretty much platforming perfection.

Absolutely echo these, the Mario Galaxy games are outstanding and probably the finest Mario games I've played- perhaps even better than Super Mario World on the SNES.

New Super Mario Bros Wii is also loads of fun, a nice throwback to the old 2D sidescroller platformers.

Edited by PunkStep