WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

It can be a pain in the arse as you have to run everywhere instead of using the horse to get around but I preferred it in the end, Quiet isn’t a great buddy either. 

What? Quiet is hideously, brokenly powerful. Even more so when you upgrade her with a silenced rifle and better still with a silenced tranq rifle. She'll auto kill anyone that sees you and the grunts in base can't kill her. If you can handle the depressing misogyny of it all, the only reason to not use her is if you want the game to be more of a challenge. 

Also don't run everywhere, get base to give you a jeep. 

To any PC playing Dark Souls fans, there's a great mod called Prepare To Die Again which changes enemy and item placement but does it in a way that makes sense and makes the game feel fresh again. Even if you've played the base game multiple times before you'll be back to holding up your shield around every corner.

• Paid Members

I managed by some remarkable fluke to get the remastered version of Castle Crashers for free on my XBox One last weekend. It said it was reduced to ÂŁ2.50, but when I went for a closer inspection it said I could have it for nothing. It's still installed and good to go as well. I wonder whether it's because I already own the original on my 360. It's fun enough, but it feels odd having to grind in a beat' em up.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I wonder whether it's because I already own the original on my 360. 

That's exactly what it'll be. If you owned a game on the 360, it is available to download on your Xbone as soon as it becomes backwards compatible.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

That's exactly what it'll be. If you owned a game on the 360, it is available to download on your Xbone as soon as it becomes backwards compatible.

It's not that I downloaded the 360 version on the XBox One. There's an HD remake being sold on Xbox One as an XBox One game. It was reduced from ÂŁ11.99 to ÂŁ2.50 last weekend, but when I went to look at it on the store it said it was free.

• Paid Members
On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 8:51 AM, Duke said:

What? Quiet is hideously, brokenly powerful. Even more so when you upgrade her with a silenced rifle and better still with a silenced tranq rifle. She'll auto kill anyone that sees you and the grunts in base can't kill her. If you can handle the depressing misogyny of it all, the only reason to not use her is if you want the game to be more of a challenge. 

Also don't run everywhere, get base to give you a jeep. 

Yeah, Quiet is easy mode. Her tranqing everyone before you even get near makes most of the game extraordinarily easy. The only thing you miss out on is having the dog scout ahead.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

I’ll keep struggling along till I get Quiet then.  Love the names of the guys you acquire.  Vexed Badger is genius.

Yeah, there's some absolute belters in there.

I also enjoy trying to come up with suitably daft names when naming my own team with the Emblems and whatnot that you find, but being forced to cobble together random words. My team went from "X-Ray Duck" to "Philanthropy Tortoise", and are currently "Action Dave".

A demo was released on PSN for Yakuza 6 this morning which is apparently 8 hours long! 

Edit: The demo has now been taken down as there was a glitch that would turn it into the full game.

I now have a free copy of Yakuza 6, cheers Sega!

Edited by TildeGuy~!

On 27/02/2018 at 1:00 PM, TildeGuy~! said:

A demo was released on PSN for Yakuza 6 this morning which is apparently 8 hours long! 

Edit: The demo has now been taken down as there was a glitch that would turn it into the full game.

I saw that, thought only the US PS Store had the glitch. 

• Paid Members
On 27/02/2018 at 1:00 PM, TildeGuy~! said:

You jammy swine, that’s amazing. Pretty jealous right now.

• Moderators

Having now played Sleeping Dogs, I gotta say I prefer it to the last GTA by fair amount.

Melee combat, a protagonist I like, driving is more fun, things I actually want to spend my in-game money on, not as repetitive.

It's not the first time I've preferred a GTA clone to the real thing. The Scarface game was loads of fun.

I'm just not that excited by this. Red Dead on the other hand....