An Evening With Hulk Hogan

Monkee

• Paid Members

Yeah if anything Terry was ahead of his times when it came to equal opportunities, he'd hold anyone back. Black, white, big, small, all fair game.

And yeah show me a successful wrestler that's on the side of the angels. Off the top of my head Sting, but he seemed to have a life change in the 90's. So much so I'm sure I recall him or his missus was grassing everyone else up for personal indiscretions now they were whiter than white.

Hang about, what was Stinger up to here?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have said things personally that aren't pc anymore. Doesn't mean I have or would ever discrimate on anyone in workplace.

There is a difference between saying something objectionable and being a racist though.

I don't think hulk is racist. Saying what he did, where he did , isn't what I would describe someone who is racist as.

• Paid Members

I don't think hulk is racist. Saying what he did, where he did , isn't what I would describe someone who is racist as.

Got to be trolling. He actually said "I am a racist, to a point, fucking niggers"

You could argue about the point to which he refers to, but not that he isn't racist.

He wasn't being antagonistic or discriminating against anyone at that point In private was he? Not fishing. Just think some people on here have taken it like he's murdered someone for being black. Doubt anyone has not said something similar in private at some point or other. Doesnt mean we hate or would discrimate an actual person.

Got to be trolling. He actually said "I am a racist, to a point, fucking niggers"

You could argue about the point to which he refers to, but not that he isn't racist.

If Hulk Hogan having said it means it's true, we're all fucked.

• Moderators

Doubt anyone has not said something similar in private at some point or other.

If you really think everyone else is sitting around at home calling everyone fucking niggers then what you've accidentally done there is assumed that everyone else is as racist as you, and they're just too afraid to say so in front of anyone, as you evidently are.

Bugger off, saying one or two racist things doesn't mean people act in a racist manner. What you have accidentally done is go off on your high horse. Get a bit of perspective in your life, might help reduce your over reactions. I stand by that we have all said something non pc in our lives. Not saying its right, but it happens.

Saying something politically incorrect

and saying something genuinely hateful and racist are two totally different things. Saying "Yeah I guess I'm a bit racist, fucking niggers" has nothing to do with being PC or not, and I really hope you don't actually believe the majority of people make statements like that in private. I actually agree with your point if Hogan had been caught using the word in a less hateful way, but he wasn't.

Having said that, I have no problem with this show taking place or people wanting to go to it. They're going to see Hulk Hogan, someone they grew up idolizing. The fact the guy behind the character might be a bit of a cunt is unfortunate, but I can understand people putting it to one side. Same way people do when they watch Benoit matches thesedays.

Doubt anyone has not said something similar in private at some point or other.

If you really think everyone else is sitting around at home calling everyone fucking niggers then what you've accidentally done there is assumed that everyone else is as racist as you, and they're just too afraid to say so in front of anyone, as you evidently are.

Exactly this. People feeling uncomfortable because they have to reevaluate their actions. Reminds me of the kind who say drunk people are kind of to blame for getting drunk.

• 1 month later...

Did anyone on here go to this at the weekend?

A mate of mine from work went.

He said meeting Hulk and the other wrestlers in the afternoon was really good but the Q&A section in the evening was a bit crap.

The company hosting the event had various good looking young women in hotpants working as stewards.

Bushwhacker Luke pulled that same dopey facial expression - type bushwhacker luke into google image search for hundreds of examples - for literally every photo all afternoon. Admirable in a way.

My mate was very impressed by a guy who had a replica WWE Championship Belt signed by 20 or 30 of the top superstars in wrestling history.

"It was just the same as yours Dopps, with loads more signatures though hahaha!" he gleefully mentioned this morning.

One of those signatures was that of the Ultimate Warrior who the guy said signed his belt on WrestleMania weekend.

This was the current WWE Championship belt by the way, that wasn't created until 5 or 6 months after Warrior died.

Lanny Poffo confirmed that Hulk & Macho Man did become friends again just before Randy passed away. I presumed that was another case of Hogan talking bollocks, but if Lanny confirmed it then maybe the Hulkster was telling the truth after all.

I attended the event. It was quite disorganised, with the doors opening late as per the norm with wrestling events.

There was a long wait for Hogan - about four hours for me, but the reason was that he was actually spending a fair amount of time talking to each individual. Some people also had loads of items - some guy had around 9 things. Fair play to Hogan though he carried on meeting people following the q&a and some guy told me the next morning that he was there for till about 11pm so that's almost 7 hours signing and posing for his photo. And like I say he did make a fuss of the people he met too.

The q&a could have been better but they basically just turned it over to the fans, so hit and miss questions. From a 6 year old asking what Hogans favourite food was to someone asking he view on Vince. No one asked any pressing questions and Hogan wasn't throwing anyone under the bus or being controversial. He said the generic stuff we've all heard before from being bestfriends with Piper and making up with Warrior and Macho, dream match with Austin etc

As a Hogan fan my whole life, I was glad to meet him and he didn't disappoint with how friendly he was. I didn't do the VIP but just had the photo, but for some reason they gave me a combo pass by mistake so £100 for both wasn't too bad. I'd love to know how much he got paid for the appearance.

Archived