An Evening With Hulk Hogan

Monkee

• Paid Members

Don't normally post outside of Off Topic but saw this and thought some of you might be interested:

An Evening With Hulk Hogan

Hulk Hogan atomic drops through Sheffield Arena’s doors on 14th November 2015!

For one night only get up close and personal with one of wrestling's most celebrated icons. Hulk Hogan will be talking about his life with a chance for the audience to speak to him in a live Question & Answer session. An Evening with Hulk Hogan Ticket holders can also purchase an upgraded Prestige Super Ticket to the fan fest from 12-5pm at £66 this includes 1 photograph & 1 autograph with 5 wrestlers Lanny Poffo, Jimmy Hart, Outback Jack, Bushwacker Luke, Tugboat plus 1 photograph with Dynamite Kid.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

That has to be the oddest cast of characters ever put together for one of these. Tugboat, Outback Jack and Dynamite are totally out of the blue. He usually brings over the Nasties and Koko B Ware for stuff like this. I'm not going, but I can see the appeal of getting ignored by Dynamite Kid and looking at Outback Jack's glass eye.

What's odd is, Hogan's prices both in the States and over here dont reflect a man who has been caught being racist. Business is oddly booming for him at the minute, which is either very surprising or very typical depending your opinion on wrestling fans.

• Paid Members

Ugh, a dedicated thread to An Evening With A Racist Shit. All these events are sanitised hagiographies for people who barely deserve it and attended by people who should know better. This one will be all that AND a celebration of a lying bigot. Woohoo!

I'm usually a little easier on this kind of thing but it's about time wrestling stopped giving second, third, fifth, eleventh chances to these pieces of shit. When wider society is expressing its racism through attitudes to "immigants", the last thing we need is actual, admitted & caught racists getting any kind of east ride.

What's odd is, Hogan's prices both in the States and over here dont reflect a man who has been caught being racist. Business is oddly booming for him at the minute, which is either very surprising or very typical depending your opinion on wrestling fans.

Come on man, he's shed a tear, made an apology and even posted photos of himself with black folk on his Facebook page. It's time to move on. 

Why all the hating?

To many Hulk Hogan is a (childhood) hero. Without him most of us wouldnt be watching wrestling today. And for the younger fans, without him chances are that there wouldnt be a WrestleMania and you probably would never have heard of WWF/ WWE.

It's not about his hero status or what he did for the industry. It's the fact that he has been outed as a massive racist and someone, whoever the promoter is, has jumped at the chance to try and make a quick buck for themselves knowing that Hogan is in full-on work mode (I.e. His only mode) to try and prove otherwise. Coupled with the fact that Hogan is a pathological liar, you can't believe a word that he utters

Paul McCartney is a hero to slot of people, but if he suddenly told Stevie Wonder to go back to bongo bongo land, his reputation would be in tatters no matter what he did for the music industry.

Chris Benoit was a hero to some people, but despite everything he did in his career it doesn't change the fact that he murdered his wife and a young child.

It's not something that surprises me, a lot of people just won't give a shit. They will hold onto there morals until they  get in the way of doing  something they want to do.  Look at amount of people that pay to see Mayweather and the love Tyson gets.

• Paid Members

Why all the hating?

To many Hulk Hogan is a (childhood) hero. Without him most of us wouldnt be watching wrestling today. And for the younger fans, without him chances are that there wouldnt be a WrestleMania and you probably would never have heard of WWF/ WWE.

I'm glad somebody's finally got to the real issue at heart here. It's like when I hear Germans who are ashamed of Hitler just because he caused a war and gassed some jews. I'm like "Herr, you wouldn't have had strong economic recovery without Adolf, why the hate?"

Archived